The Long-term Impact of the 1995 Hanshin–Awaji Earthquake on Wage Distribution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fumio Ohtake & Naoko Okuyama & Masaru Sasaki & Kengo Yasui, 2014. "The Long-term Impact of the 1995 Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake on Wage Distribution," ISER Discussion Paper 0897, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Izquierdo & Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2010.
"Financial Integration and Foreign Banks in Latin America: How Do They Impact the Transmission of External Financial Shocks?,"
Research Department Publications
4651, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo A. Cavallo & Andrew Powell & Oscar Becerra, 2010. "Estimating the Direct Economic Damage of the Earthquake in Haiti," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1693, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2007. "Consumption insurance against natural disasters: evidence from the Great Hanshin-Awaji (Kobe) earthquake," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 303-306.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2008. "How Do People Cope with Natural Disasters? Evidence from the Great Hanshin-Awaji (Kobe) Earthquake in 1995," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(2-3), pages 463-488, March.
- Crespo Cuaresma & Hlouskova & Obersteiner, 2008. "Natural Disasters As Creative Destruction? Evidence From Developing Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 214-226, April.
- Eduardo Cavallo & Andrew Powell & Oscar Becerra, 2010. "Estimating the Direct Economic Damages of the Earthquake in Haiti," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(546), pages 298-312, August.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Hangtian, 2016. "Multiple Equilibria in the Urban Spatial Structure: Evidence from the Hanshin Earthquake," MPRA Paper 75219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsnatural disasters; wage distribution; wage decomposition; earthquake;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2014-05-04 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2014-05-04 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .