Intergenerational Occupational Mobility in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Motiram, Sripad & Singh, Ashish, 2012.
"How Close Does the Apple Fall to the Tree? Some Evidence on Intergenerational Occupational Mobility from India,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
101, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sripad Motiram & Ashish Singh, 2012. "How close does the apple fall to the tree? Some evidence on intergenerational occupational mobility from India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Viktoria Hnatkovska & Amartya Lahiri & Sourabh B. Paul, 2013. "Breaking the Caste Barrier: Intergenerational Mobility in India," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 48(2), pages 435-473.
- Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti, 2000. "Intergenerational mobility of socio-economic status in comparative perspective," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 26, pages 3-32.
- Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J., 2011.
"Recent Developments in Intergenerational Mobility,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux, 2010. "Recent Developments in Intergenerational Mobility," Working Papers 201025, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux, 2010. "Recent developments in intergenerational mobility," Working Papers 201010, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Black, Sandra & Devereux, Paul J., 2010. "Recent Developments in Intergenerational Mobility," CEPR Discussion Papers 7786, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sandra E. Black & Paul J. Devereux, 2010. "Recent Developments in Intergenerational Mobility," NBER Working Papers 15889, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Black, Sandra E. & Devereux, Paul J., 2010. "Recent Developments in Intergenerational Mobility," IZA Discussion Papers 4866, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph P. Ferrie, 2005. "History Lessons: The End of American Exceptionalism? Mobility in the United States Since 1850," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 199-215, Summer.
- Mehtabul Azam & Vipul Bhatt, 2015.
"Like Father, Like Son? Intergenerational Educational Mobility in India,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(6), pages 1929-1959, December.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Bhatt, Vipul, 2012. "Like Father, Like Son? Intergenerational Education Mobility in India," IZA Discussion Papers 6549, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Judith K. Hellerstein & Melinda Sandler Morrill, 2011. "Dads and Daughters: The Changing Impact of Fathers on Women’s Occupational Choices," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(2), pages 333-372.
- BOURDIEU Jérôme & FERRIE Joseph & KESZTENBAUM Lionel, 2007. "Vive la différence? Intergenerational Mobility in France and the U.S. in the 19th and 20th Centuries," Research Unit Working Papers 0713, Laboratoire d'Economie Appliquee, INRA.
- Desai, Sonalde & Dubey, Amaresh & Joshi, Brij Lal & Sen, Mitali & Sharif, Abusaleh & Vanneman, Reeve, 2010. "Human Development in India: Challenges for a Society in Transition," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198065128.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Modalsli, Jørgen, 2015. "Estimating occupational mobility with covariates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 133(C), pages 77-80.
- Albornoz-Crespo, Facundo & Cabrales, Antonio & Hauk, Esther, 2014.
"Which club should I attend, Dad?: Targeted socialization and production,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10321, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Facundo Albornoz & Antonio Cabrales & Esther Hauk, 2014. "Which club should I attend, Dad?: Targeted socialization and production," Working Papers 2014-20, FEDEA.
- Facundo Albornoz & Antonio Cabrales & Esther Hauk, 2014. "Which Club Should I Attend, Dad?: Targeted Socialization and Production," Working Papers 797, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Reddy, A. Bheemeshwar, 2015. "Changes in Intergenerational Occupational Mobility in India: Evidence from National Sample Surveys, 1983–2012," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 329-343.
More about this item
Keywordscaste; occupation; intergenerational mobility; India;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-10-02 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2013-10-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .