Identifying Regional Labor Demand Shocks Using Sign Restrictions
We propose using sign restrictions to identify regional labor demand shocks in a panel VAR of US federal states. Observed migration responds significantly, but less persistently than the residual-based migration measure constructed by Blanchard and Katz (1992).
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tani, Massimiliano, 2003. "Have Europeans become more mobile? A note on regional evolutions in the EU: 1988-1997," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 23-30, July.
- Christian Bayer & Falko Juessen, 2012.
"On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(3), pages 377-401, July.
- Bayer, Christian & Juessen, Falko, 2006. "On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection," Technical Reports 2006,38, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Bayer, Christian & Juessen, Falko, 2008. "On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection," IZA Discussion Papers 3330, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Bayer & Falko Juessen, 2006. "On the Dynamics of Interstate Migration: Migration Costs and Self-Selection," Discussion Papers in Economics 06_03, University of Dortmund, Department of Economics.
- Decressin, Jorg & Fatas, Antonio, 1995. "Regional labor market dynamics in Europe," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1627-1655, December.
- Decressin, Jörg & Fatás, Antonio, 1994. "Regional Labour Market Dynamics in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1085, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman, 2006. "An SVAR Model of Fluctuations in U.S. Migration Flows and State Labor Market Dynamics," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 958-980, April.
- Vera Gács & Peter Huber, 2005. "Quantity adjustments in the regional labour markets of EU candidate countries," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(4), pages 553-574, November.
- Vera Gács & Peter Huber, 2005. "Quantity Adjustments in the Regional Labour Markets of EU Candidate Countries," WIFO Working Papers 254, WIFO.
- Fredriksson, Peter, 1999. "The Dynamics of Regional Labor Markets and Active Labor Market Policy: Swedish Evidence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(4), pages 623-648, October.
- Fredriksson, P., 1995. "The Dynamics of Regional Labour Markets and Active Labour Market Policy: Swedish Evidence," Papers 1995-20, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6767. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.