Migration, Redistribution and the Universal Welfare Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Assaf Razin & Jackline Wahba, 2015.
"Welfare Magnet Hypothesis, Fiscal Burden, and Immigration Skill Selectivity,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 117(2), pages 369-402, April.
- Assaf Razin & Jackline Wahba, 2011. "Welfare Magnet Hypothesis, Fiscal Burden and Immigration Skill Selectivity," NBER Working Papers 17515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Assaf Razin & Jackline Wahba, 2012. "Welfare Magnet Hypothesis, Fiscal Burden and Immigration Skill Selectivity," Norface Discussion Paper Series 2012036, Norface Research Programme on Migration, Department of Economics, University College London.
- Holzner, Christian & Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin, 2010.
"Workfare, monitoring, and efficiency wages,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 157-168, March.
- Christian Holzner & Volker Meier & Martin Werding, 2006. "Workfare, Monitoring, and Efficiency Wages," CESifo Working Paper Series 1749, CESifo Group Munich.
- Holzner, Christian & Meier, Volker & Werding, Martin, 2010. "Workfare, monitoring, and efficiency wages," Munich Reprints in Economics 19396, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1992. "Workfare versus Welfare Incentive Arguments for Work Requirements in Poverty-Alleviation Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 249-261, March.
- Torben M. Andersen & Michael Svarer, 2014.
"The Role of Workfare in Striking a Balance between Incentives and Insurance in the Labour Market,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(321), pages 86-116, January.
- Torben M. Andersen & Michael Svarer, 2008. "The role of workfare in striking a balance between incentives and insurance in the labour market," Economics Working Papers 2008-05, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Torben Andersen & Michael Svarer, 2008. "The Role of Workfare in Striking a Balance between Incentives and Insurance in the Labour Market," CESifo Working Paper Series 2267, CESifo Group Munich.
- Corrado Giulietti & Martin Guzi & Martin Kahanec & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2013.
"Unemployment benefits and immigration: evidence from the EU,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 24-38, March.
- Giulietti, Corrado & Guzi, Martin & Kahanec, Martin & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2011. "Unemployment Benefits and Immigration: Evidence from the EU," CEPR Discussion Papers 8672, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Giulietti, Corrado & Guzi, Martin & Kahanec, Martin & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2011. "Unemployment Benefits and Immigration: Evidence from the EU," IZA Discussion Papers 6075, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brett, Craig, 1998. "Who Should Be on Workfare? The Use of Work Requirements as Part of an Optimal Tax Mix," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 607-622, October.
- Pedersen, Peder J. & Pytlikova, Mariola & Smith, Nina, 2008. "Selection and network effects--Migration flows into OECD countries 1990-2000," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1160-1186, October.
- Katherine Cuff, 2000.
"Optimality of workfare with heterogeneous preferences,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(1), pages 149-174, February.
- Katherine Cuff, 1998. "Optimality of Workfare with Heterogeneous Preferences," Working Papers 968, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Nicole M Fortin, 2005. "Gender Role Attitudes and the Labour-market Outcomes of Women across OECD Countries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 416-438, Autumn.
- Amelie F. Constant & Martin Kahanec & Ulf Rinne & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2011.
"Ethnicity, job search and labor market reintegration of the unemployed,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(7), pages 753-776, October.
- Amelie Constant & Martin Kahanec & Ulf Rinne & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2009. "Ethnicity, Job Search and Labor Market Reintegration of the Unemployed," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 963, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Kahanec, Martin & Rinne, Ulf & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2009. "Ethnicity, Job Search and Labor Market Reintegration of the Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 4660, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Borjas, George J, 1999. "Immigration and Welfare Magnets," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(4), pages 607-637, October.
- Claus Thustrup Kreiner & Torben Tranas, 2005.
"Optimal Workfare with Voluntary and Involuntary Unemployment,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(3), pages 459-474, September.
- Claus Thustrup Kreiner & Torben Tranæs, 2003. "Optimal Workfare with Voluntary and Involuntary Unemployment," EPRU Working Paper Series 03-15, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jose Antonio Alonso, 2015. "Managing Labour Mobility: A Missing Pillar of Global Governance," CDP Background Papers 026, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
More about this item
Keywordswork incentives; active labour market policy; redistribution;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.