Food Insecurity and Insufficiency at Low Levels of Food Expenditures
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Craig Gundersen & David Ribar, 2011. "Food Insecurity And Insufficiency At Low Levels Of Food Expenditures," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 704-726, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mazur, Robert E & Marquis, Grace S & Jensen, Helen H., 2003. "Diet and Food Insufficiency Among Hispanic Youth: Acculturation and Socioeconomic Determinants in Nhanes III," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10668, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Borjas, George J., 2004.
"Food insecurity and public assistance,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1421-1443, July.
- George J. Borjas, 2001. "Food Insecurity and Public Assistance," JCPR Working Papers 243, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- George J. Borjas, 2002. "Food Insecurity and Public Assistance," NBER Working Papers 9236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Craig Gundersen & Victor Oliveira, 2001. "The Food Stamp Program and Food Insufficiency," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(4), pages 875-887.
- Arie Kapteyn & Peter Kooreman & Rob Willemse, 1988.
"Some Methodological Issues in the Implementation of Subjective Poverty Definitions,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(2), pages 222-242.
- Kapteyn, A.J. & Kooreman, P. & Willemse, R., 1987. "Some methodological issues in the implementation of subjective poverty definitions," Research Memorandum FEW 245, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bhattacharya, Jayanta & Currie, Janet & Haider, Steven, 2004. "Poverty, food insecurity, and nutritional outcomes in children and adults," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 839-862, July.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2004. "Subjective Outcomes in Economics," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 2-11, July.
- Ribar, David C. & Hamrick, Karen S., 2003. "Dynamics Of Poverty And Food Sufficiency," Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Reports 33851, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Gundersen, Craig & Weinreb, Linda & Wehler, Cheryl & Hosmer, David, 2003. "Homelessness and food insecurity," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 250-272, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herault, Nicolas & Ribar, David C., 2017.
"Food insecurity and homelessness in the Journeys Home survey,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 52-66.
- Nicolas Herault & David C. Ribar, 2016. "Food Insecurity and Homelessness in the Journeys Home Survey," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2016n15, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Herault, Nicolas & Moschion, Julie & Ribar, David C., 2016. "Food Insecurity and Homelessness in the Journeys Home Survey," 2016 Conference (60th), February 2-5, 2016, Canberra, Australia 235586, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Oluyemisi Kuku & Steven Garasky & Craig Gundersen, 2012. "The relationship between childhood obesity and food insecurity: a nonparametric analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(21), pages 2667-2677, July.
- Daniel Millimet & Manan Roy, 2015.
"Partial identification of the long-run causal effect of food security on child health,"
Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 83-141, February.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Roy, Manan, 2013. "Partial Identification of the Long-Run Causal Effect of Food Security on Child Health," IZA Discussion Papers 7457, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Craig Gundersen & Brent Kreider, 2008.
"Food Stamps and Food Insecurity: What Can Be Learned in the Presence of Nonclassical Measurement Error?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(2), pages 352-382.
- Gundersen, Craig & Kreider, Brent, 2006. "Food Stamps and Food Insecurity: What Can Be Learned in the Presence of Non-Classical Measurement Error?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12690, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Artjoms Ivlevs, 2014. "Economic Insecurity in Transition: A Primary Commodities Perspective," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S1), pages 117-140, May.
- Joachim De Weerdt & Kathleen Beegle & Jed Friedman & John Gibson, 2016.
"The Challenge of Measuring Hunger through Survey,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(4), pages 727-758.
- Joachim De Weerdt & Kathleen Beegle & Jed Friedman & John Gibson, 2015. "The Challenge of Measuring Hunger through Survey," LICOS Discussion Papers 36515, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Joachim De Weerdt & Kathleen Beegle & Jed Friedman & John Gibson, 2015. "The challenge of measuring hunger through survey," Working Papers LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance 488089, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, LICOS Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance.
- Noonan, Kelly & Corman, Hope & Reichman, Nancy E., 2016. "Effects of maternal depression on family food insecurity," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 201-215.
- Cadario, Romain, 2016. "The impact of health claims and food deprivation levels on health risk perceptions of fast-food restaurants," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 130-134.
- Gundersen, Craig & Kreider, Brent, 2009.
"Bounding the effects of food insecurity on children's health outcomes,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 971-983, September.
- Gundersen, Craig & Kreider, Brent, 2008. "Bounding the Effects of Food Insecurity on Children's Health Outcomes," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13008, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Silva, Andrés & Caro, Juan Carlos & Magaña-Lemus, David, 2016. "Household food security: Perceptions, behavior and nutritional quality of food purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 139-148.
- Howard, Larry L., 2011. "Does food insecurity at home affect non-cognitive performance at school? A longitudinal analysis of elementary student classroom behavior," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 157-176, February.
- Laura Leete & Neil Bania, 2010. "The effect of income shocks on food insufficiency," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 505-526, December.
- Kelly Noonan & Hope Corman & Nancy E. Reichman, 2014. "Effects of Maternal Depression on Family Food Insecurity," NBER Working Papers 20113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:35:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9818-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsexpenditures; food insufficiency; food insecurity; non-parametric regression;
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1594. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.