Spatial Dimensions of Expenditure Inequality and the Role of Education in Indonesia: An Analysis of the 2008-2010 Susenas Panel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Takahiro Akita & Puji Agus Kurniawan & Sachiko Miyata, 2011.
"Structural Changes and Regional Income Inequality in Indonesia: A Bidimensional Decomposition Analysis,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 55-77, March.
- Takahiro Akita & Puji Agus Kurniawan & Sachiko Miyata, 2009. "Structural Changes and Regional Income Inequality in Indonesia: A Bi-dimensional Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers EMS_2009_13, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2000. "Income distribution and development," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 13, pages 791-841 Elsevier.
- B. Raksaka Mahi & Suahasil Nazara, 2012. "Survey of recent developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 7-31, April.
- Chris Elbers & Peter Lanjouw & Johan Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2008. "Reinterpreting between-group inequality," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(3), pages 231-245, September.
- Ben Jann, 2008. "The Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition for linear regression models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(4), pages 453-479, December.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Takahiro Akita, 2002. "Regional Income Inequality In Indonesia And The Initial Impact Of The Economic Crisis," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 201-222.
- Hal Hill & Budy Resosudarmo & Yogi Vidyattama, 2008.
"Indonesia'S Changing Economic Geography,"
Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 407-435.
- Hal Hill & Budy Resosudarmo & Yogi Vidyattama, 2007. "Indonesia’s Changing Economic Geography," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 200713, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Nov 2007.
- Hal Hill & RBudy Resosudarmo & Yogi Vidyattama, 2008. "Indonesia's Changing Economic Geography," Departmental Working Papers 2008-02, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Graham Pyatt & Chau-nan Chen & John Fei, 1980. "The Distribution of Income by Factor Components," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 451-473.
- Takahiro Akita & Alit Pirmansah, 2011. "Urban Inequality in Indonesia," Working Papers EMS_2011_04, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Guanghua Wan, 2005. "Spatial decomposition of inequality," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 59-81, January.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lerman, Robert I & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Income Inequality Effects by Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 151-156, February.
- Jonathan Haughton & Shahidur R. Khandker, 2009. "Handbook on Poverty and Inequality," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11985.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome Indonesia; spatial inequality; decomposition of Theil indices and Gini coefficient; Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition; education; contribution of between-group inequality;
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iuj:wpaper:ems_2012_21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kazumi Imai, Office of Academic Affairs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gsiujjp.html .