The roles of location and education in the distribution of economic well-being in Indonesia: hierarchical and non-hierarchical inequality decomposition analyses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2013. "The Roles of Location and Education in the Distribution of Economic Well-being in Indonesia: Hierarchical and Non-hierarchical Inequality Decomposition Analyses," Working Papers EMS_2013_15, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1979. "Decomposable Income Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 901-920, July.
- Chris Elbers & Peter Lanjouw & Johan Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2008. "Reinterpreting between-group inequality," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 6(3), pages 231-245, September.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1986. "The distribution of income in Sri Lanka in 1969-1970 and 1980-1981 : A decomposition analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 255-274, December.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Guanghua Wan, 2005. "Spatial decomposition of inequality," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 59-81, January.
- Kam Ki Tang & Dennis Petrie, 2009.
"Non-Hierarchical Bivariate Decomposition of Theil Indexes,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 918-927.
- Kam Ki Tang & Dennis Petrie, 2007. "Non-Hierarchical Bivariate Decomposition of Theil Indexes," CEPA Working Papers Series WP032007, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2008.
"Urbanization, educational expansion, and expenditure inequality in Indonesia in 1996, 1999, and 2002,"
Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 147-167.
- Akita, Takahiro & Miyata, Sachiko, 2007. "Urbanization, educational expansion, and expenditures inequality in Indonesia in 1996, 1999, and 2002:," IFPRI discussion papers 728, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Balisacan, Arsenio M. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko, 2004. "Changes in Spatial Income Inequality in the Philippines: An Exploratory Analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 034, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tsakloglou, Panos, 1993. "Aspects of inequality in Greece : Measurement, decomposition and intertemporal change: 1974, 1982," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 53-74, February.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Takahiro Akita, 2003. "Decomposing regional income inequality in China and Indonesia using two-stage nested Theil decomposition method," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(1), pages 55-77, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takahiro Akita, 2017.
"Educational Expansion and the Role of Education in Expenditure Inequality in Indonesia Since the 1997 Financial Crisis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 1165-1186, February.
- Takahiro Akita, 2015. "Educational expansion and the role of education in expenditure inequality in Indonesia since the 1997 financial crisis," Working Papers SDES-2015-24, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Dec 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; Hierarchical and non-hierarchical decompositions; Theil indices; Urban and rural locations; Education; Indonesia; O15; O18; R12;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:lsprsc:v:6:y:2013:i:3:p:137-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com/ .