Non-Hierarchical Bivariate Decomposition of Theil Indexes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kam Ki Tang & Dennis Petrie, 2009. "Non-Hierarchical Bivariate Decomposition of Theil Indexes," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(2), pages 918-927.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cowell, Frank A. & Kuga, Kiyoshi, 1981. "Additivity and the entropy concept: An axiomatic approach to inequality measurement," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 131-143, August.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Mishra, Padmaja & Parikh, Ashok, 1992. "Household Consumer Expenditure Inequalities in India: A Decomposition Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 38(2), pages 225-236, June.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 521-531.
- Pedro Conceicao & James K. Galbraith, 2000. "Constructing Long and Dense Time-Series of Inequality Using the Theil Index," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 61-74, Winter.
- Takahiro Akita, 2003. "Decomposing regional income inequality in China and Indonesia using two-stage nested Theil decomposition method," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1979. "Decomposable Income Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 901-920, July.
- Adelman, Irma & Levy, Amnon, 1984. "Decomposing Theil's Income of Income Inequality into Between and Within Components: A Note," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 30(1), pages 119-121, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2013.
"The roles of location and education in the distribution of economic well-being in Indonesia: hierarchical and non-hierarchical inequality decomposition analyses,"
Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 137-150, November.
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2013. "The Roles of Location and Education in the Distribution of Economic Well-being in Indonesia: Hierarchical and Non-hierarchical Inequality Decomposition Analyses," Working Papers EMS_2013_15, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Dorji Lethro & Takahiro Akita, 2019. "The roles of education in expenditure inequality in Bhutan: an analysis in an urban–rural context," Asia-Pacific Journal of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 465-485, June.
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2018.
"Spatial Inequalities in Indonesia, 1996–2010: A Hierarchical Decomposition Analysis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 829-852, August.
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2017. "Spatial Inequalities in Indonesia, 1996-2010: A Hierarchical Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers EMS_2017_02, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Takahiro Akita, 2017.
"Educational Expansion and the Role of Education in Expenditure Inequality in Indonesia Since the 1997 Financial Crisis,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 130(3), pages 1165-1186, February.
- Takahiro Akita, 2015. "Educational expansion and the role of education in expenditure inequality in Indonesia since the 1997 financial crisis," Working Papers SDES-2015-24, Kochi University of Technology, School of Economics and Management, revised Dec 2015.
- Takahiro Akita & Sachiko Miyata, 2020. "Urban and Rural Dimensions of the Role of Education in Inequality: A Comparative Analysis between Indonesia, Myanmar, and the Philippines," Working Papers EMS_2020_04, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LTV-2007-11-03 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uqcepa:26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.