Endowments, location or luck ? evaluating the determinants of sub-national growth in decentralized Indonesia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2006. "Making the New Indonesia Work for the Poor," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8172, The World Bank.
- Erlangga Agustino Landiyanto & Rummaya & Wirya Wardaya, 2005. "Growth in East Java : Convergence or Divergence ?," GE, Growth, Math methods 0508005, EconWPA.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1994.
"Distributive Politics and Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 465-490.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Dani Rodrik, 1991. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani & Alesina, Alberto, 1994. "Distributive Politics and Economic Growth," Scholarly Articles 4551798, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Armida Alisjahbana & Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2003.
"Assessing Indonesia's sustainable development: long-run trend, impact of the crisis, and adjustment during the recovery period,"
Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS)
200306, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Oct 2003.
- Alisjahbana, Armida & Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2003. "Assessing Indonesia's sustainable development: long-run trend, impact of the crisis, and adjustment during the recovery period," MPRA Paper 1736, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Catin, Maurice & Luo, Xubei & Van Huffel, Christophe, 2005. "Openness, industrialization, and geographic concentration of activities in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3706, The World Bank.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Takahiro Akita, 2002. "Regional Income Inequality In Indonesia And The Initial Impact Of The Economic Crisis," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 201-222.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28050 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Garcia Garcia & Lana Soelistianingsih, 1998. "Why Do Differences in Provincial Incomes Persist in Indonesia?," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 95-120.
- repec:lpe:efijnl:200302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Olivieri, Sergio, 2013. "Sources of spatial welfare disparities in Indonesia: Household endowments or returns?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 62-79.
- Neil McCulloch & Edmund Malesky, 2011. "Does better local governance improve district growth performance in Indonesia?," Working Paper Series 1711, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Ivo Bischoff & Ferry Prasetyia, 2015. "Determinants of local public expenditures on education: empirical evidence for Indonesian districts between 2005 and 2012," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201532, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Edwards, Ryan B., 2016. "Mining away the Preston curve," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 22-36.
- Yogi Vidyattama, 2016. "Inter-provincial migration and 1975–2005 regional growth in Indonesia," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95, pages 87-105, March.
- M A B Siddique & Heru Wibowo & Yanrui Wu, 2014. "Fiscal Decentralisation and Inequality in Indonesia: 1999-2008," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 14-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Jennifer Day & Peter Ellis, 2013. "Growth in Indonesia's manufacturing sectors: Urban and localization contributions," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 343-368, August.
More about this item
KeywordsAchieving Shared Growth; Economic Growth; Economic Theory&Research; Inequality; Nutrition;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2008-11-18 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2008-11-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SEA-2008-11-18 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2008-11-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4769. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.