Why Do Rural Firms Live Longer?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mata, Jose & Portugal, Pedro, 1994. "Life Duration of New Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 227-245, September.
- Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Joulfaian, David & Rosen, Harvey S, 1994.
"Sticking It Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 53-75, February.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Sticking it Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 4494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin & David Joulfaian & Harvey S. Rosen, 1993. "Sticking It Out: Entrepreneurial Survival and Liquidity Constraints," Working Papers 698, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Audretsch, David B. & Mahmood, Talat, 1991. "The hazard rate of new establishments : A first report," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 409-412, August.
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Michael Fritsch & Udo Brixy & Oliver Falck, 2006.
"The Effect of Industry, Region, and Time on New Business Survival – A Multi-Dimensional Analysis,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 28(3), pages 285-306, May.
- Michael Fritsch & Oliver Falck & Udo Brixy, 2004. "The Effect of Industry, Region and Time on New Business Survival - A Multi-Dimensional Analysis," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-31, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Brixy, Udo & Falck, Oliver & Fritsch, Michael, 2006. "The effect of industry, region, and time on new business survival - A multi-dimensional analysis," Munich Reprints in Economics 20195, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Brixy, Udo & Falck, Oliver, 2004. "The effect of industry, region and time on new business survival: A multi-dimensional analysis," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Volkswirtschaftliche Reihe V-26-04, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Fritsch, Michael & Brixy, Udo & Falck, Oliver, 2004. "The effect of industry, region and time on new business survival: A multi-dimensional analysis," Freiberg Working Papers 2004,04, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Jovanovic, Boyan & Lach, Saul, 1989. "Entry, Exit, and Diffusion with Learning by Doing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 690-699, September.
- Stearns, Timothy M. & Carter, Nancy M. & Reynolds, Paul D. & Williams, Mary L., 1995. "New firm survival: Industry, strategy, and location," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Kandel, Eugene & Lazear, Edward P, 1992. "Peer Pressure and Partnerships," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 801-817, August.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1999. "Survival of the Fittest? An Analysis of Self-Employment Duration in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(454), pages 140-155, March.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F & Reiss, Peter C, 1991. "Entry and Competition in Concentrated Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 977-1009, October.
- Oliver Falck, 2005. "Survival Chances of Start-Ups - do Regional Conditions Matter?," ERSA conference papers ersa05p49, European Regional Science Association.
- Panle Jia, 2008. "What Happens When Wal-Mart Comes to Town: An Empirical Analysis of the Discount Retailing Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1263-1316, November.
- Audretsch, David B & Mahmood, Talat, 1995. "New Firm Survival: New Results Using a Hazard Function," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 97-103, February.
- Audretsch, David B & Mahmood, Talat, 1994. "Firm Selection and Industry Evolution: The Post-entry Performance of New Firms," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 243-260, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stevenson, Marcie & Artz, Georgeanne, 2017. "Improving rural business development, one firm at a time: A look at the effects of the USDA’s Value-Added Producer Grant on firm survival," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252785, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Anabela Santos & Paulo Neto & Maria Manuel Serrano, 2016. "A long-term mortality analysis of subsidized firms in rural areas: an empirical study in the Portuguese Alentejo region," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(1), pages 125-151, April.
More about this item
KeywordsRural; urban; entry; exit; survival; sorting; salvage value;
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-07-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2009-07-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2009-07-11 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HEA-2009-07-11 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:13085. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .