Relative Efficiency of Health Provision: a DEA Approach with Non-discretionary Inputs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leopold Simar & Paul Wilson, 2000.
"A general methodology for bootstrapping in non-parametric frontier models,"
Journal of Applied Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(6), pages 779-802.
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "A General Methodology for Bootstrapping in Nonparametric Frontier Models," Papers 9811, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Non-parametric approaches to education and health efficiency in OECD countries," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 8, pages 227-246, November.
- Adler, Nicole & Golany, Boaz, 2001. "Evaluation of deregulated airline networks using data envelopment analysis combined with principal component analysis with an application to Western Europe," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 260-273, July.
- Afonso, Antonio & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2006.
"Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: A semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs,"
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 476-491, May.
- António Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2005. "Cross-country Efficiency of Secondary Education Provision: a Semi-parametric Analysis with Nondiscretionary Inputs," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & St. Aubyn, Miguel, 2005. "Cross-country efficiency of secondary education provision: a semi-parametric analysis with non-discretionary inputs," Working Paper Series 494, European Central Bank.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Verhoeven, Marijn, 2001. "The efficiency of government expenditure: experiences from Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 433-467, May.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2005.
"Public sector efficiency: An international comparison,"
Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 321-347, June.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito & Afonso, António, 2003. "Public sector efficiency: an international comparison," Working Paper Series 242, European Central Bank.
- Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M., 2004. "Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 55-72, July.
- Ruggiero, John, 2004. "Performance evaluation when non-discretionary factors correlate with technical efficiency," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 250-257, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Poças & Elias Soukiazis, 2010.
"Health Status Determinants in the OECD Countries. A Panel Data Approach with Endogenous Regressors,"
GEMF Working Papers
2010-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Ana Pocas & Elias Soukiazis, 2011. "Health Status Determinants in the OECD Countries. A Panel Data Approach with Endogenous Regressors," ERSA conference papers ersa10p749, European Regional Science Association.
- Antonio Afonso & Miguel St. Aubyn, 2011. "Assessing health efficiency across countries with a two-step and bootstrap analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(15), pages 1427-1430.
- Francesco Porcelli, 2014.
"Electoral accountability and local government efficiency: quasi-experimental evidence from the Italian health care sector reforms,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 221-251, August.
- Francesco Porcelli, 2011. "Electoral Accountability and Local Government Efficiency: Quasi-Experimental Avidence From the Italian Health Care Sector Reforms," SERIES 0036, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Sep 2011.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schuknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2010.
"Income distribution determinants and public spending efficiency,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(3), pages 367-389, September.
- António Afonso & Ludger Schknecht & Vito Tanzi, 2008. "Income Distribution Determinants and Public Spending Efficiency," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/05, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Afonso, António & Schuknecht, Ludger & Tanzi, Vito, 2008. "Income distribution determinants and public spending efficiency," Working Paper Series 861, European Central Bank.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander & Obadić, Alka, 2014. "Measuring relative efficiency of secondary education in selected EU and OECD countries: the case of Slovenia and Croatia," MPRA Paper 63936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aristovnik, Aleksander, 2012. "The impact of ICT on educational performance and its efficiency in selected EU and OECD countries: a non-parametric analysis," MPRA Paper 39805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno Eugène, 2008. "The efficiency frontier as a method for gauging the performance of public expenditure : a Belgian case study," Working Paper Research 138, National Bank of Belgium.
- Francesco Porcelli, 2009. "Effects of fiscal decentralisation and electoral accountability efficiency evidence from the Italian health care sector," Working Papers 2009/29, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Eric Nauenberg, 2014. "Changing healthcare capital-to-labor ratios: evidence and implications for bending the cost curve in Canada and beyond," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 339-353, December.
- Eric Nauenberg, 2014. "Changing Healthcare Capital-To-Labor Ratios: Evidence and Implications for Bending the Cost Curve in Canada and Beyond," Working Papers 140002, Canadian Centre for Health Economics, revised Jul 2014.
- Asandului Laura & Popescu Cristian & Fătulescu Ionuț Puiu, 2015. "Identifying and Explaining the Efficiency of the Public Health Systems in European Countries," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 62(3), pages 357-368, November.
- Mihai Mutascu & Marius Milos, 2009. "Optimal Size Of Government Spending. The Case Of European Union Member States," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(11), pages 1-45.
- repec:wfo:monber:y:2017:i:9:p:677-699 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aleksander Aristovnik, 2013. "Relative Efficiency of Education Expenditures in Eastern Europe: A Non-parametric Approach," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 3(3), pages 1-4, June.
- Brijesh C. Purohit, 2015. "Efficiency in Elementary Education in Urban India: An exploratory Analysis using DEA," Working Papers 2015-113, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Bergantino, Angela Stefania & Capozza, Claudia & Porcelli, Francesco, 2015.
"Hotelling competition and teaching efficiency of Italian university faculties. A semi-parametric analysis,"
62927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Angela Stefania Bergantino & Claudia Capozza & Francesco Porcelli, 2015. "Hotelling competition and teaching efficiency of Italian university faculties. A semi-parametric analysis," Working papers 26, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Péter Halmai & Viktória Vásáry, 2012. "Convergence crisis: economic crisis and convergence in the European Union," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 297-322, September.
More about this item
Keywordstechnical efficiency; health; DEA; bootstrap; semi-parametric.;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- H52 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Education
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2007-01-02 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HEA-2007-01-02 (Health Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2007-01-02 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp332006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.