The patterns and causes of social exclusion in Luxembourg
The paper investigates the forms and determinants of social exclusion in Luxembourg and addresses both conceptual and empirical issues. We therefore examine the following issues: what definition of social exclusion is more appropriate for Luxembourg, if the economic and social disadvantages cumulate within the social exclusion process in Luxembourg, if the “spiral of precariousness” applies for Luxembourg, how poverty and deprivation lead to social exclusion, which are the main determinants of social exclusion and deprivation and if there are significant differences between them. The analysis is based on the data coming from the Luxembourg socioeconomic panel (PSELL-2).
|Date of creation:||Aug 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 11, Porte des Sciences, L-4366 Esch-sur-Alzette, G.-D. Luxembourg|
Phone: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 1
Fax: 00352 / 58 58 55 - 700
Web page: http://iriss.ceps.lu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Layte & Bertrand Maître & Brian Nolan & Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Income, Deprivation and Economic Strain: An Analysis of the European Community Household Panel," Papers WP109, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Christopher Whelan & Bertrand Maître, 2006. "Comparing poverty and deprivation dynamics: Issues of reliability and validity," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(3), pages 303-323, December.
- Cappellari, Lorenzo & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2006. "Summarizing multiple deprivation indicators," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-40, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- BOSSERT, Walter & D'AMBROSIO, Conchita & PERAGINE, Vito, 2004.
"Deprivation and Social Exclusion,"
Cahiers de recherche
02-2004, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Tsakloglou, Panos & Papadopoulos, Fotis, 2001. "Identifying Population Groups at High Risk of Social Exclusion: Evidence from the ECHP," IZA Discussion Papers 392, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:iriswp:2007-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.