Reassessing Income and Deprivation Approaches to the Measurement of Poverty in the Republic of Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mayer, Susan E, 1993. "Living Conditions among the Poor in Four Rich Countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 261-286.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Richard Layte & Brian Nolan & Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Targeting Poverty: Lessons From Monitoring Ireland's National Anti-Poverty Strategy. Published in Journal of Social Policy, Vol 29 No 4," Papers WP117, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Christopher T., 1996. "Resources, Deprivation, and Poverty," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287858.
- Callan, Tim & Nolan, Brian, 1991. " Concepts of Poverty and the Poverty Line," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 243-261.
- Edward O'Boyle, 1999. "Toward an Improved Definition of Poverty," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 57(3), pages 281-301.
- Tim Callan & Brian Nolan & Christopher Whelan, 1991. "Resources, Deprivation and the Measurement of Poverty. Published in Journal of Social Policy, 1993, Vol 22 No 2," Papers WP021, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Richard Layte & Bertrand Maître & Brian Nolan & Christopher T. Whelan, 1999. "Income, Deprivation and Economic Strain: An Analysis of the European Community Household Panel," Papers WP109, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Brian Nolan & Bertrand Maitre, 1999. "The Distribution of Income and Relative Income Poverty in the European Community Household Panel," Papers WP107, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Callan, Tim & Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Brendan J. & Hannan, Damian F. & Creighton, S., 1989. "Poverty, Income and Welfare in Ireland," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number GRS146.
- Susan E. Mayer & Christopher Jencks, 1989. "Poverty and the Distribution of Material Hardship," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(1), pages 88-114.
- Richard Layte & Bertrand Maître & Brian Nolan & Dorothy Watson & James Williams & Barra Casey, 2000. "Monitoring Poverty Trends: Results from the 1998 Living in Ireland Survey," Papers WP132, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Christopher T., 2011. "Poverty and Deprivation in Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199588435.
- Donal O'Neill & Olive Sweetman, 1999. "Poverty and Inequality in Ireland: A Comparison using Measures of Income and Consumption," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n860399, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Jarvis, Sarah & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1998. "How Much Income Mobility Is There in Britain?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 428-443, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nolan, Brian, 2002. "Why Does Ireland Still Do So Badly on the UN's Human Poverty Index?," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2002(3-Autumn), pages 1-10.
- Richard Disney, 2006. "Macroeconomic Performance and the Design of Public Pension Programmes," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 37(2), pages 175-195.
- Sabina Alkire and Mauricio Apablaza, 2016. "Multidimensional Poverty in Europe 2006–2012: Illustrating a Methodology," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp074, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Halpin, Brendan & Hill, John, 2007. "Active Labour Market Programmes and Poverty Dynamics in Ireland: 1994-2001," MPRA Paper 10340, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halpin, Brendan & Hill, John, 2008. "Active Labour Market Programmes and Poverty Dynamics in Ireland," MPRA Paper 10335, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manuela Deidda, 2015.
"Economic Hardship, Housing Cost Burden and Tenure Status: Evidence from EU-SILC,"
Journal of Family and Economic Issues,
Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 531-556, December.
- M. Deidda, 2013. "Economic hardship, housing cost burden and tenure status: evidence from EU-SILC," Working Paper CRENoS 201323, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Hill, John & Halpin, Brendan, 2008. "The Role of Active Labour Market Programmes in Employment Policy," MPRA Paper 10498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ayala, Luis & Navarro, Carolina, 2007. "The dynamics of housing deprivation," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 72-97, March.
- Stephen Howes & Dung Doan, 2012. "Revisiting the relationship between targeting and program performance," Development Policy Centre Discussion Papers 1212, Development Policy Centre, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Ajakaiye, Olu & Jerome, Afeikhena T. & Olaniyan, Olanrewaju & Mahrt, Kristi & Alaba, Olufunke A., 2014. "Multidimensional poverty in Nigeria: First order dominance approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 143, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jan O. Jonsson & Carina Mood & Erik Bihagen, 2016. "Poverty trends during two recessions and two recoveries: lessons from Sweden 1991–2013," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-20, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:32:y:2001:i:3:p:239-261. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: http://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.