Export Prices, Markups, and Currency Choice after a Large Appreciation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- BarthÃ©lÃ©my Bonadio & Andreas M Fischer & Philip SaurÃ©, 2020.
"The Speed of Exchange Rate Pass-Through,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 18(1), pages 506-538.
- Barthélémy Bonadio & Andreas M. Fischer & Philip Saure, 2016. "The speed of exchange rate pass-through," Globalization Institute Working Papers 282, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 01 Sep 2016.
- Bonadio, Barthélémy & Fischer, Andreas M & Sauré, Philip, 2016. "The speed of the exchange rate pass-through," CEPR Discussion Papers 11195, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barthélémy Bonadio & Andreas M. Fischer & Philip Sauré, 2018. "The speed of exchange rate pass-through," Working Papers 2018-05, Swiss National Bank.
- Emi Nakamura & Dawit Zerom, 2010. "Accounting for Incomplete Pass-Through," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(3), pages 1192-1230.
- Raphael Auer & Ariel Burstein & Katharina Erhardt & Sarah M. Lein, 2019.
"Exports and Invoicing: Evidence from the 2015 Swiss Franc Appreciation,"
AEA Papers and Proceedings, American Economic Association, vol. 109, pages 533-538, May.
- Auer, Raphael & Burstein, Ariel & Erhardt, Katharina & Lein, Sarah, 2020. "Exports and Invoicing: Evidence from the 2015 Swiss Franc Appreciation," Working papers 2020/14, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Pinelopi Koujianou Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1997.
"Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1243-1272, September.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Michael M. Knetter, 1996. "Goods Prices and Exchange Rates: What Have We Learned?," NBER Working Papers 5862, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dario Fauceglia & Anirudh Shingal & Martin Wermelinger, 2014.
"Natural Hedging of Exchange Rate Risk: The Role of Imported Input Prices,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 150(IV), pages 261-296, December.
- Fauceglia, Dario & Shingal, Anirudh & Wermelinger, Martin, 2012. ""Natural hedging" of exchange rate risk: The role of imported input prices," MPRA Paper 39438, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gopinath, G. & Helpman, . & Rogoff, K. (ed.), 2014. "Handbook of International Economics," Handbook of International Economics, Elsevier, edition 1, volume 4, number 4.
- Matthias EFING & Rüdiger FAHLENBRACH & Christoph HERPFER & Philipp KRÜGER, 2015. "How Do Investors and Firms React to an Unexpected Currency Appreciation Shock?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 15-65, Swiss Finance Institute, revised Jan 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsNominal exchange rate; border prices; currency choice; variable markups; pricing-to-market; price rigidity; exchange rate pass through; exchange rate sensitive factor costs.;
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IFN-2019-10-21 (International Finance)
- NEP-INT-2019-10-21 (International Trade)
- NEP-MAC-2019-10-21 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-10-21 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2019-10-21 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irn:wpaper:19-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sylvain Weber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/irenech.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.