Learning in a community of practice: Complete vs. incomplete information
This paper is a contribution to the modelling of interactions within social networks. We use an agentbased model to explore the learning process, in a particular form of social network: a community of practice. It is based on an empirical study, made in a research centre in France. We shed light on the importance of two parameters in learning in communities: the availability of the community members, and the information they have about their neighbourhood. The first parameter represents their willingness and engagement in the development of their community, whereas the second one gives us an idea on agents’ ability to build a correct shared representation of the competencies of the other agents. We lead two sets of simulations, simulations with complete information and simulations with incomplete information.
|Date of creation:||25 Feb 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tristan Boyer & Nicolas Jonard, 2014.
"Imitation and Efficient Contagion,"
2014-052, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Boyer, Tristan & Jonard, Nicolas, 2010. "Imitation and Efficient Contagion," MPRA Paper 23430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tristan Boyer & Nicolas Jonard, 2010. "Imitation and Efficient Contagion," CREA Discussion Paper Series 10-03, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Dupouet, Olivier & Yildizoglu, Murat, 2006.
"Organizational performance in hierarchies and communities of practice,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 668-690, December.
- Olivier DUPOUËT (BETA UMR CNRS 7522) & Murat YILDIZOGLU (IFReDE-E3i), 2003. "Organizational performance in hierarchies and communities of practice," Cahiers du GRES (2002-2009) 2003-06, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Patrick Cohendet & Murât Yildizoglu & Olivier Dupouët, 2003. "Morphogenèse de communautés de pratique," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 103(1), pages 91-110.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.