How to switch off the cypriot financial crisis without weakening durably Europe ?
The two major banks in Cyprus - Bank of Cyprus and Laiki Popular Bank - have lost more than 4 billion EUR because of their exposure to the Greek bond market. In this paper, we look at how the European Union has responded to banking and financial problems
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 184 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris|
Phone: 33 1 53 63 36 00
Web page: http://www.ipag.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Salvador Barrios & Per Iversen & Magdalena Lewandowska & Ralph Setzer, 2009. "Determinants of intra-euro area government bond spreads during the financial crisis," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 388, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2010.
"From Financial Crash to Debt Crisis,"
NBER Working Papers
15795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010.
"Liquidity and leverage,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- De Grauwe, Paul, 2012.
"The Governance of a Fragile Eurozone,"
Walter Adolf Jöhr Lecture
2012, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science, Institute of Economics (FGN-HSG).
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Guesmi, Khaled & Ftiti, Zied & Abid, Ilyes, 2013. "Greece’s Stock Market Integration with Southeast Europe," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 28, pages 668-682.
- Philip R. Lane, 2012. "The European Sovereign Debt Crisis," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 49-68, Summer.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2010.
"Growth in a Time of Debt,"
11129154, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alexander Michaelides, 2012. "Banking Crisis in Cyprus and in the Eurozone," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 6(2), pages 41-47, December.
- Frederic Teulon, 2014. "EMU: The Sustainability Issue," Working Papers 2014-196, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2008. "The Labour Market and the Euro," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 2(1), pages 3-9, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipg:wpaper:2014-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ingmar Schumacher)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.