Snakes and Ladders, Buffers and Passports: Rethinking Poverty, Vulnerability and Wellbeing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morduch, Jonathan & Sharma, Manohar, 2001. "Strengthening public safety nets," FCND discussion papers 122, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Paul Mosley & Robert Holzmann & Steen Jorgensen, 1999.
"Social protection as social risk management: conceptual underpinnings for the social protection sector strategy paper,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(7), pages 1005-1027.
- Holzmann, Robert & Jorgensen, Steen, 1999. "Social protection as social risk management : conceptual underpinnings for the social protection sector strategy paper," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 20119, The World Bank.
- Wim Naude & Amelia Santos-Paulino & Mark McGillivray, 2009. "Measuring Vulnerability: An Overview and Introduction," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 183-191.
- Chambers, Robert, 1997. "Editorial: Responsible well-being -- a personal agenda for development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1743-1754, November.
- Luc J. Christiaensen & Kalanidhi Subbarao, 2005.
"Towards an Understanding of Household Vulnerability in Rural Kenya,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 520-558, December.
- Christiaensen, Luc. J. & Subbarao, Kalanidhi, 2004. "Toward an understanding of household vulnerability in rural Kenya," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3326, The World Bank.
- Stefan Dercon & John Hoddinott & Tassew Woldehanna, 2005. "Shocks and Consumption in 15 Ethiopian Villages, 1999--2004," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 559-585, December.
- Pritchett, Lant & Suryahadi, Asep & Sumarto, Sudarno, 2000. "Quantifying vulnerability to poverty - a proposed measure, applied to Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2437, The World Bank.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Wim Naude & Mark McGillivray & Stephanie Rossouw, 2009. "Measuring the Vulnerability of Subnational Regions in South Africa," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 249-276.
- Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, Paul B. & Jorgensen, Steen L., 2001. "Vulnerability : a view from different disciplines," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23304, The World Bank.
- James Copestake, 2008. "Wellbeing in international development: what's new?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 577-597.
- Kanbur, Ravi, 2004.
"Growth, Inequality And Poverty: Some Hard Questions,"
127133, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur, 2004. "Growth, Inequality And Poverty: Some Hard Questions," Working Papers 157, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Guanghua Wan & Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2008. "Introduction," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(10), pages 1273-1276, October.
- Calvo, Cesar, 2008. "Vulnerability to Multidimensional Poverty: Peru, 1998-2002," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1011-1020, June.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
- Emma Samman, 2007. "Psychological and Subjective Well-being: A Proposal for Internationally Comparable Indicators," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 459-486.
More about this item
KeywordsSnakes and Ladders; Buffers and Passports: Rethinking Poverty; Vulnerability and Wellbeing;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-04-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2012-04-23 (Economics of Happiness)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ipc:wpaper:83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andre Lyra). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ipcunbr.html .