La Tasa de Descuento en Proyectos de Largo Plazo
This paper estimates the rate of discount to be used in Chile when evaluating long run projects with environmental consequences. The methodology is known as Gamma Discounting and was presented first by Martin Weitzman in the American Economic Review in March 2001.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Publication status:||Published as "La Tasa de Descuento en Proyectos de Inversión de Largo Plazo", Revista de Análisis Económico, Volumen 17, N° 2, Diciembre 2002.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cropper, Maureen & Laibson, David, 1998. "The implications of hyperbolic discounting for project evaluation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1943, The World Bank.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998.
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Pizer, William & Newell, Richard, 2000.
"Discounting the Distant Future: How Much Do Uncertain Rates Increase Valuations?,"
dp-00-45, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A., 2003. "Discounting the distant future: how much do uncertain rates increase valuations?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 52-71, July.
- Gonzalo Edwards, 2002.
"The Effect of a Constant or a Declining Discount Rate on Optimal Investment Timing,"
Documentos de Trabajo
227, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Gonzalo Edwards, 2003. "The effect of a constant or a declining discount rate on optimal investment timing," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 657-659.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.