La Tasa de Descuento en Proyectos de Largo Plazo
This paper estimates the rate of discount to be used in Chile when evaluating long run projects with environmental consequences. The methodology is known as Gamma Discounting and was presented first by Martin Weitzman in the American Economic Review in March 2001.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as "La Tasa de Descuento en Proyectos de Inversión de Largo Plazo", Revista de Análisis Económico, Volumen 17, N° 2, Diciembre 2002.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gonzalo Edwards, 2003.
"The effect of a constant or a declining discount rate on optimal investment timing,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 657-659.
- Gonzalo Edwards, 2002. "The Effect of a Constant or a Declining Discount Rate on Optimal Investment Timing," Documentos de Trabajo 227, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998.
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Pizer, William & Newell, Richard, 2000.
"Discounting the Distant Future: How Much Do Uncertain Rates Increase Valuations?,"
dp-00-45, Resources For the Future.
- Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A., 2003. "Discounting the distant future: how much do uncertain rates increase valuations?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 52-71, July.
- Cropper, Maureen & Laibson, David, 1998. "The implications of hyperbolic discounting for project evaluation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1943, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.