The Effect of a Constant or a Declining Discount Rate on Optimal Investment Timing
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gonzalo Edwards, 2003. "The effect of a constant or a declining discount rate on optimal investment timing," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(10), pages 657-659.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cropper, Maureen & Laibson, David, 1998. "The implications of hyperbolic discounting for project evaluation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1943, The World Bank.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2001.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 260-271, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "Gamma Discounting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Newell, Richard G. & Pizer, William A., 2003.
"Discounting the distant future: how much do uncertain rates increase valuations?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 52-71, July.
- Pizer, William & Newell, Richard, 2000. "Discounting the Distant Future: How Much Do Uncertain Rates Increase Valuations?," Discussion Papers dp-00-45, Resources For the Future.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1937. "A Note on Measurement of Utility," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 155-161.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Eisenhauer & Luigi Ventura, 2006. "The prevalence of hyperbolic discounting: some European evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(11), pages 1223-1234.
- repec:eee:resene:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:135-163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gonzalo Edwards, 2002. "La Tasa de Descuento en Proyectos de Largo Plazo," Documentos de Trabajo 231, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
More about this item
KeywordsDeclining discounting; exponential discounting; hyperbolic discounting; investment timing; project evaluation;
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iepuccl.html .