Urbanization and poverty reduction: the role of secondary towns in Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joachim De Weerdt, 2010. "Moving out of Poverty in Tanzania: Evidence from Kagera," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 331-349.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2002. "On the urbanization of poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 435-442, August.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2013.
"Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 75(3), pages 388-409, June.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2009. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," CSAE Working Paper Series 2009-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Forhad Shilpi, 2010. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," Working Papers id:2450, eSocialSciences.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Shilpi, Forhad, 2009. "Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination," CEPR Discussion Papers 7407, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anand, Sudhir & Kanbur, S M R, 1985. "Poverty under the Kuznets Process," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 42-50, Supplemen.
- Fields, Gary S., 2005. "A welfare economic analysis of labor market policies in the Harris-Todaro model," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 127-146, February.
- Zhang, Junfu & Zhao, Zhong, 2013. "Measuring the Income-Distance Tradeoff for Rural-Urban Migrants in China," IZA Discussion Papers 7160, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christiaensen, Luc & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2014.
"Poverty Reduction During the Rural–Urban Transformation – The Role of the Missing Middle,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 43-58.
- Christiaensen, Luc J.M. & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2009. "Poverty Reduction during the Rural-Urban Transformation - The Role of the Missing Middle," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51467, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2013. "Poverty reduction during the rural-urban transformation : the role of the missing middle," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6445, The World Bank.
- Kathleen Beegle & Joachim De Weerdt & Stefan Dercon, 2011.
"Migration and Economic Mobility in Tanzania: Evidence from a Tracking Survey,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(3), pages 1010-1033, August.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2008. "Migration and Economic Mobility in Tanzania: Evidence from a Tracking Survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4798, The World Bank.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2010. "Migration and Economic Mobility in Tanzania: Evidence from a Tracking Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 7759, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:129:y:2014:i:2:p:939-993. is not listed on IDEAS
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Lilleør, Helene Bie, 2015. "Going Back Home: Internal Return Migration in Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 186-202.
- Poncet, Sandra, 2006. "Provincial migration dynamics in China: Borders, costs and economic motivations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 385-398, May.
- Douglas Gollin & David Lagakos & Michael E. Waugh, 2014. "The Agricultural Productivity Gap," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(2), pages 939-993.
- Overman, Henry G. & Venables, Anthnony J., 2010. "Evolving City Systems," WIDER Working Paper Series 026, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Henderson, Vernon, 2003. "The Urbanization Process and Economic Growth: The So-What Question," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 47-71, March.
More about this item
KeywordsTanzania; poverty reduction; urbanization;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2016-03-29 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-URE-2016-03-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iob:apbrfs:2016001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hans De Backer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iobuabe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.