Die Entwicklung der funktionalen Einkommensverteilung und ihrer Einflussfaktoren in ausgewählten Industrieländern 1960-2010
n the first part of the study developments of factor shares in six advanced economies since the early 1960s are presented. Instead of focusing on the wage share, ie the share of national income that goes to employees, a broader measure is used to account for all labor income, the labor income share. In the second part a simple empirical approach is used to shed some light on the question why the labor share declined in the majority of countries looked at. The main objective is to identify what happened empirically in the first decade of the new century behind the scene, rather than giving a theoretical expla-nation for the declining shares. In this way the developments of the labor share can by analyzed in detail by decomposing changes of the constituent factors that built the nu-merator and the denominator of the labor income share. The increase of the factors that determine the distributive scope is then contrasted with the development of the factors which can use it.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hans-Böckler-Straße 39, 40476 Düsseldorf|
Phone: +49 211 7778 234
Fax: +49 211 7778 4234
Web page: http://www.imk-boeckler.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bentolila Samuel & Saint-Paul Gilles, 2003.
"Explaining Movements in the Labor Share,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-33, October.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1998. "Explaining Movements in the Labour Share," CEPR Discussion Papers 1958, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Samuel Bentolila & Gilles Saint Paul, 1999. "Explaining movements in the labor share," Economics Working Papers 374, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bentollia, S. & Saint-Paul, G., 1999. "Explaining Movements in the Labor Share," Papers 9905, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2007. "How to Save Globalization from its Cheerleaders," CEPR Discussion Papers 6494, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2007. "How to Save Globalization from Its Cheerleaders," Working Paper Series rwp07-038, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Gustav A. Horn & Heike Joebges & Torsten Niechoj & Christian R. Proaño & Simon Sturn & Silke Tober & Achim Truger & Till van Treeck, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (I)," IMK Report 38-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gustav A. Horn & Katharina Dröge & Simon Sturn & Till van Treeck & Rudolf Zwiener, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (III)," IMK Report 41-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gustav A. Horn & Heike Joebges & Rudolf Zwiener, 2009. "Von der Finanzkrise zur Weltwirtschaftskrise (II)," IMK Report 40-2009, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Wolfgang Nierhaus, 2000. "Realeinkommen im neuen Europäischen System Volkswirtschaftlicher Gesamtrechnungen," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 53(04), pages 07-13, 02.
- Paul R. Krugman, 2008. "Trade and Wages, Reconsidered," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(1 (Spring), pages 103-154.
- Wolfgang Nierhaus, 2006. "Zur gesamtwirtschaftlichen Preisentwicklung," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 59(03), pages 28-31, 02.
- Wolfgang Nierhaus, 2003. "Zur gesamtwirtschaftlichen Preisentwicklung," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 56(03), pages 37-38, 02.
- Horn, Gustav A. & Logeay, Camille, 2004. "Kritik am lohnpolitischen Konzept des Sachverständigenrats," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 84(4), pages 236-242.
- Harrison, Ann, 2005. "Has Globalization Eroded Labor’s Share? Some Cross-Country Evidence," MPRA Paper 39649, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imk:studie:1-2011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Nemitz)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.