A Conceptual Note on Classification of Literature on Capabilities
The research literature has looked at capabilities of a firm from various dimensions. Through this conceptual note, we aim to classify the literature on eight dimensions: Definition, Portfolio, Utilization, Level, Characterization, Demonstration, Lifecycle, and Development. These eight dimensions cover the various perspectives through which capabilities literature has been approached from and furthered to. This classification is expected to enable researchers in this area to position their studies within or across one or more of these dimensions, thus providing a clear contribution by strengthening or furthering research in the area.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 91 79 2630 7241|
Fax: 91 79 2630 6896
Web page: http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/publications
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rakesh Basant & Pankaj Chandra, 2002. "Building technological capabilities in a liberalising developing economy: Firm strategies and public policy," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 1-23.
- Henderson, Rebecca. & Cockburn, Iain., 1994. "Measuring competence? : exploring firm effects in pharmaceutical research," Working papers 3712-94., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-96, September.
- Luo, Yadong, 2000. "Dynamic capabilities in international expansion," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 355-378, January.
- Rakesh Basant & Pankaj Chandra, 2002. "Building Technological Capabilities In A Liberalising Developing Economy: Firm Strategies And Public Policy," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4-5), pages 399-421.
- Thomas Keil, 2004. "Building External Corporate Venturing Capability," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 799-825, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iim:iimawp:wp02066. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.