Identifying Key Sectors in Croatian Economy Based on Input-Output Tables
Information on the key sectors of an economy can have important policy implications. This paper identifies key sectors in Croatia based on the recently published input-output table for year 2004. Comparison of different methodological approaches used in the paper suggests that identified key sectors are most likely relevant only for the analyzed period (construction activity). Additionally, service sectors were often identified as important, and not export-oriented sectors.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (**385 1) 23 35 700
Fax: (**385 1) 23 35 165
Web page: http://www.eizg.hr
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dietzenbacher, Erik, 1992. "The measurement of interindustry linkages : Key sectors in the Netherlands," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 419-437, October.
- Bart Los, 2004.
"Identification of strategic industries: A dynamic perspective,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 669-698, October.
- Bart Los, 2004. "Identification of strategic industries: A dynamic perspective," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 669-698, October.
- Bart Los, 2001. "Identification of Strategic Industries: A Dynamic Perspective," ERSA conference papers ersa01p112, European Regional Science Association.
- Los, Bart, 2002. "Identification of strategic industries: a dynamic perspective," CCSO Working Papers 200202, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Julio Sanchez-Choliz & Rosa Duarte, 2003. "Production Chains and Linkage Indicators," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 481-494.
- Temurshoev, Umed & Oosterhaven, Jan, 2013. "Analytical and Empirical Comparison of Policy-Relevant Key Sector Measures," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-132, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Junning Cai & Pingsun Leung, 2004. "Linkage Measures: a Revisit and a Suggested Alternative," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 63-83.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iez:wpaper:1302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Banicevic)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.