Dynamic Analysis of the Behavioural Patterns of the Largest Commercial Banks in the Russian Federation
This paper presents a pattern behavio ral analysis of 100 largest Russian commercial banks by total assets during an eight- year period: from the first quarter of 1999 to the second quarter of 2007. Bank performance indicators are analyzed. Structural similarities in the development of the banks are examined. A cluster analysis is applied to determine banks with a similar structure of operations. This analysis allows to estimate how the structure of the Russian banking system has been changing over time. In particular, it allows to identify prevailing patterns in the behavior of Russian commercial banks and to analyze the stability of their position in a particular pattern.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Corso Unione Sovietica, 218bis - 10134 Torino - Italy|
Phone: +39 011 6706060
Fax: +39 011 6706060
Web page: http://www.esomas.unito.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James B. Thomson, 1991. "Predicting bank failures in the 1980s," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 9-20.
- Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus, 2003. "Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 949-975, May.
- Alexis Derviz & JiÅÃ Podpiera, 2008.
"Predicting Bank CAMELS and S&P Ratings: The Case of the Czech Republic,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(1), pages 117-130, January.
- Alexis Derviz & Jiri Podpiera, 2004. "Predicting Bank CAMELS and S&P Ratings: The Case of the Czech Republic," Working Papers 2004/01, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Cole, Rebel A. & Gunther, Jeffery W., 1995. "A CAMEL rating's shelf life," MPRA Paper 24693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Nov 2008.
- Fuad Aleskerov & C. Emre Alper, 2000. "A Clustering Approach to Some Monetary Facts: A Long-Run Analysis of Cross-Country Data," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 51(4), pages 555-567, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icr:wpmath:12-2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Pellegrino)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.