Evaluating the productive efficiency and performance of U.S. commercial banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Golany, B. & Seiford, L. & Stutz, J., 1985. "Foundations of data envelopment analysis for Pareto-Koopmans efficient empirical production functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 91-107.
- Berger, Allen N. & Humphrey, David B., 1997.
"Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 175-212, April.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Efficiency of Financial Institutions: International Survey and Directions for Future Research," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-05, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Robert DeYoung, 1998. "Management Quality and X-Inefficiency in National Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 13(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Resti, Andrea, 1998. "Regulation Can Foster Mergers, Can Mergers Foster Efficiency? The Italian Case," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 157-169, March.
- Humphrey, David B & Pulley, Lawrence B, 1997. "Banks' Responses to Deregulation: Profits, Technology, and Efficiency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 73-93, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Cole, Rebel A. & Gunther, Jeffery W., 1995. "A CAMEL rating's shelf life," MPRA Paper 24693, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Nov 2008.
- Cebenoyan, A Sinan & Cooperman, Elizabeth S & Register, Charles A, 1993. "Firm Efficiency and the Regulatory Closure of S&Ls: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(3), pages 540-545, August.
- Bauer, Paul W. & Berger, Allen N. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Humphrey, David B., 1998.
"Consistency Conditions for Regulatory Analysis of Financial Institutions: A Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 85-114, March.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Financial Services working paper 97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dr. P. Maheshwari, 2012. "Performance Evaluation of Public and Private Sector Banks in India - A Comparative Study," Journal of Commerce and Trade, Society for Advanced Management Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 82-89, April.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2009. "Financial Deregulation and Profit Efficiency: A Non-parametric Analysis of Indian Banks," MPRA Paper 24292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lakshmi Balasubramanyan, 2009. "Measuring the Efficiency of Financial Inputs for Entrepreneurship," NFI Working Papers 2009-WP-03, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Jorge Guillén, 2009. "A lesson to learn from developed countries: The Case of State Branching Deregulation in the US," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 36(1 Year 20), pages 67-95, June.
- Abhiman Das & Ashok Nag & Subhash Ray, 2004. "Liberalization, Ownership, and Efficiency in Indian Banking: A Nonparametric Approach," Working papers 2004-29, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Sambracos, Evangelos & Maniati, Marina, 2015. "Technical Efficiency of Shipping Banks: A DEA Approach," MPRA Paper 63131, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2007. "Bank Ownership, Characteristics and Performance: A Comparative Analysis of Domestic and Foreign Islamic Banks in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 12131, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jun 2007.
- Boitumelo Dudu Moffat & Abbas Valadkhani, 2011. "Efficiency of Botswana's financial institutions: a data envelopment analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 697-702.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:23:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11294-017-9654-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Piyadasa Edirisuriya, 2004. "Performance of Indian commercial banks (1995-2002): an application of data envelopment analysis and Malmquist productivity index," Finance 0408006, EconWPA.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Manlagnit, Ma. Chelo V., 2003. "Integrating Gender Perspectives in Evaluating the Efficiency of COFI: The Case of Credit Cooperatives in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2003-06, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Richard Chung & Scott Fung & Szu-Yin Hung, 2012. "Institutional Investors and Firm Efficiency of Real Estate Investment Trusts," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 171-211, June.
- El Mehdi Ferrouhi, 2014. "Moroccan Banks Analysis Using CAMEL Model," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 622-627.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Manlagnit, Ma. Chelo V., 2004. "Evaluating the Impacts of Competition Policy Reforms on the Efficiency of Philippine Commercial Banks," Discussion Papers DP 2004-46, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Fadzlan Sufian, 2012. "For which option is credit risk more representative on China banks' total factor productivity: Efficiency change or technological progress?," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 180-202, April.
- Ismail, Abdul Ghafar & Mislan Condro, Widiyanto, 2008.
"Sustainability of BMT financing for Developing Micro-enterprises,"
13746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mislan Cokro, Widiyanto & Ismail, Abdul Ghafar, 2008. "Sustainability of BMT financing for Developing Micro-enterprises," MPRA Paper 7434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dong, Fengxia & Featherstone, Allen M., 2003. "Scale Economies And Efficiencies For Chinese Rural Credit Cooperatives," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35097, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Catarina Figueira & Joseph G. Nellis & David Parker, 2007. "Challenges Facing the Polish Banking Industry: A Comparative Study with UK Banks," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 5(1), pages 25-44.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:49:y:2004:i:02:n:s0217590804000925 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andries, Alin Marius & Cocris, Vasile, 2010. "A Comparative Analysis of the Efficiency of Romanian Banks," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 54-75, December.
- Aigbe Akhigbe & James McNulty, 2005. "Profit efficiency sources and differences among small and large U.S. commercial banks," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 29(3), pages 289-299, September.
- Shiva Ghasempour & Mohamadjavad Salami, 2016. "Ranking Iranian Private Banks Based on the CAMELS Model Using the AHP Hybrid Approach and TOPSIS," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(4), pages 52-62, October.
- Sufian, Fadzlan, 2006. "The Efficiency Of Islamic Banking Industry: A Non-Parametric Analysis With Non-Discretionary Input Variable," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 14, pages 54-87.
- Pires Gonçalves, Ricardo, 2006. "Management Quality Measurement: Using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) Estimation Approach for Banks in Brazil," MPRA Paper 11143, University Library of Munich, Germany.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:feddfi:99-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbdaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.