The intra-industry impact of special dividend announcements: contagion versus competition
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-1051, September.
- Impson, Michael, 2000. "Contagion Effects of Dividend Reduction or Omission Announcements in the Electric Utility Industry," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 121-136, February.
- Hertzel, Michael G, 1991. " The Effects of Stock Repurchases on Rival Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 707-716, June.
- Kathryn L. Dewenter & Vincent A. Warther, 1998. "Dividends, Asymmetric Information, and Agency Conflicts: Evidence from a Comparison of the Dividend Policies of Japanese and U.S. Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 879-904, 06.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Tanner, Sally, 2004. "Further evidence on the announcement effect of bonus shares in an imputation tax setting," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 147-170, August.
- Erwin, Gayle R & Miller, James M, 1998. "The Intra-industry Effects of Open Market Share Repurchases: Contagion or Competitive?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(4), pages 389-406, Winter.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- Balasingham Balachandran & Tuan Anh Nguyen, 2004. "Signalling power of special dividends in an imputation environment," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 277-297.
- Firth, Michael, 1996. "Dividend Changes, Abnormal Returns, and Intra-lndustry Firm Valuations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 189-211, June.
- Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus, 2003. "Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 949-975, May.
- John, Kose & Williams, Joseph, 1985. " Dividends, Dilution, and Taxes: A Signalling Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1053-1070, September.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Kohers, Ninon, 1999. "The Industry-Wide Implications of Dividend Omission and Initiation Announcements and the Determinants of Information Transfer," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 137-158, February.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J., 2000. "Special dividends and the evolution of dividend signaling," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 309-354, September.
- Jayaraman, Narayanan & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1988. "The Valuation Impacts of Specially Designated Dividends," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 301-312, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:14:y:2004:i:4-5:p:369-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.