The intra-industry impact of special dividend announcements: contagion versus competition
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gayle R. Erwin & James M. Miller, 1998. "The Intra-Industry Effects Of Open Market Share Repurchases: Contagion Or Competitive?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(4), pages 389-406, December.
- Kathryn L. Dewenter & Vincent A. Warther, 1998. "Dividends, Asymmetric Information, and Agency Conflicts: Evidence from a Comparison of the Dividend Policies of Japanese and U.S. Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 879-904, 06.
- Impson, Michael, 2000. "Contagion Effects of Dividend Reduction or Omission Announcements in the Electric Utility Industry," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 121-136, February.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Tanner, Sally, 2004. "Further evidence on the announcement effect of bonus shares in an imputation tax setting," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 147-170, August.
- Hertzel, Michael G, 1991. " The Effects of Stock Repurchases on Rival Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 707-716, June.
- Firth, Michael, 1996. "Dividend Changes, Abnormal Returns, and Intra-lndustry Firm Valuations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 189-211, June.
- Jayaraman, Narayanan & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1988. "The Valuation Impacts of Specially Designated Dividends," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 301-312, September.
- Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus, 2003. "Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 949-975, May.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Balasingham Balachandran & Tuan Anh Nguyen, 2004. "Signalling power of special dividends in an imputation environment," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 277-297.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- John, Kose & Williams, Joseph, 1985. " Dividends, Dilution, and Taxes: A Signalling Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1053-1070, September.
- Kohers, Ninon, 1999. "The Industry-Wide Implications of Dividend Omission and Initiation Announcements and the Determinants of Information Transfer," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 137-158, February.
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-1051, September.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J., 2000. "Special dividends and the evolution of dividend signaling," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 309-354, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:14:y:2004:i:4-5:p:369-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.