The intra-industry impact of special dividend announcements: contagion versus competition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hertzel, Michael G, 1991. " The Effects of Stock Repurchases on Rival Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 707-716, June.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Tanner, Sally, 2004. "Further evidence on the announcement effect of bonus shares in an imputation tax setting," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 147-170, August.
- Balasingham Balachandran & Tuan Anh Nguyen, 2004. "Signalling power of special dividends in an imputation environment," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 277-297.
- Boehmer, Ekkehart & Masumeci, Jim & Poulsen, Annette B., 1991. "Event-study methodology under conditions of event-induced variance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 253-272, December.
- Jayaraman, Narayanan & Shastri, Kuldeep, 1988. "The Valuation Impacts of Specially Designated Dividends," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(03), pages 301-312, September.
- Impson, Michael, 2000. "Contagion Effects of Dividend Reduction or Omission Announcements in the Electric Utility Industry," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 121-136, February.
- Erwin, Gayle R & Miller, James M, 1998. "The Intra-industry Effects of Open Market Share Repurchases: Contagion or Competitive?," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(4), pages 389-406, Winter.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- Firth, Michael, 1996. "Dividend Changes, Abnormal Returns, and Intra-lndustry Firm Valuations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(02), pages 189-211, June.
- John, Kose & Williams, Joseph, 1985. " Dividends, Dilution, and Taxes: A Signalling Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1053-1070, September.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Skinner, Douglas J., 2000. "Special dividends and the evolution of dividend signaling," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 309-354, September.
- Miller, Merton H & Rock, Kevin, 1985. " Dividend Policy under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1031-1051, September.
- Kathryn L. Dewenter & Vincent A. Warther, 1998. "Dividends, Asymmetric Information, and Agency Conflicts: Evidence from a Comparison of the Dividend Policies of Japanese and U.S. Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(3), pages 879-904, June.
- Otchere, Isaac & Chan, Janus, 2003. "Intra-industry effects of bank privatization: A clinical analysis of the privatization of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 949-975, May.
- Kohers, Ninon, 1999. "The Industry-Wide Implications of Dividend Omission and Initiation Announcements and the Determinants of Information Transfer," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 34(1), pages 137-158, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beladi, Hamid & Chao, Chi Chur & Hu, May, 2016. "The Christmas effect—Special dividend announcements," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 15-30.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:14:y:2004:i:4-5:p:369-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.