Are Active Labour Market Programmes Least Effective Where They Are Most Needed? The Case of the British New Deal for Young People
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2009.
"Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(4), pages 653-692, October.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2006. "Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?," IZA Discussion Papers 2355, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2006. "Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?," CEPR Discussion Papers 5920, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lechner, Michael & Wunsch, Conny, 2007. "Are training programs more effective when unemployment is high?," IAB Discussion Paper 200707, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2006. "Are Training Programs More Effective When Unemployment Is High?," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2006 2006-23, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Dorsett, Richard, 2006. "The new deal for young people: effect on the labour market status of young men," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 405-422, June.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias & Costas Meghir & John Van Reenen, 2004.
"Evaluating the Employment Impact of a Mandatory Job Search Program,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 2(4), pages 569-606, June.
- Blundell, Richard William & Costa Dias, Monica & Meghir, Costas & Van Reenen, John, 2003. "Evaluating the Employment Impact of a Mandatory Job Search Programme," CEPR Discussion Papers 3786, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- John P Martin, 1998.
"What Works Among Active Labour Market Policies: Evidence from OECD Countries' Experiences,"
RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Guy Debelle & Jeff Borland (ed.), Unemployment and the Australian Labour Market
Reserve Bank of Australia.
- John P. Martin, 1998. "What Works Among Active Labour Market Policies: Evidence From OECD Countries' Experiences," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 35, OECD Publishing.
- Jensen, Peter & Rosholm, Michael & Svarer, Michael, 2003. "The response of youth unemployment to benefits, incentives, and sanctions," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 301-316, June.
- Rebecca M. Blank, 2002. "Evaluating Welfare Reform in the United States," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1105-1166, December.
- repec:nsr:niesrd:183 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giacomi De Giorgi, 2005. "Long-term effects of a mandatory multistage program: the New Deal for young people in the UK," IFS Working Papers W05/08, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Aakvik, Arild & Heckman, James J. & Vytlacil, Edward J., 2005. "Estimating treatment effects for discrete outcomes when responses to treatment vary: an application to Norwegian vocational rehabilitation programs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 15-51.
- Dan A. Black & Jeffrey A. Smith & Mark C. Berger & Brett J. Noel, 2003. "Is the Threat of Reemployment Services More Effective Than the Services Themselves? Evidence from Random Assignment in the UI System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1313-1327, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlo Altavilla & Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2013.
"Asymmetric Effects of National-based Active Labour Market Policies,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1482-1506, October.
- Carlo Altavilla & Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2011. "Asymmetric Effects of National-based Active Labour Market Policies," CSEF Working Papers 293, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Yin Fok & Duncan McVicar, 2013.
"Did the 2007 welfare reforms for low income parents in Australia increase welfare exits?,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Yin King Fok & Duncan McVicar, 2012. "Did the 2007 Welfare Reforms for Low Income Parents in Australia Increase Welfare Exits?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n01, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Marco Caliendo & Steffen Künn, 2014.
"Regional Effect Heterogeneity of Start-up Subsidies for the Unemployed,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 1108-1134, June.
- Caliendo, Marco & Künn, Steffen, 2013. "Regional Effect Heterogeneity of Start-Up Subsidies for the Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 7460, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsActive Labour Market Programmes; New Deal for Young People; unemployment; evaluation; heterogeneous effects;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iae:iaewps:wp2010n16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sheri Carnegie). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mimelau.html .