Determinanten der Weiterbildungsbereitschaft gering qualifizierter Arbeitsloser
"Publicly sponsored vocational training programs are important measures of active labor market policies in Germany. A crucial factor for their success is that unemployed are willing to participate in further training. This paper deals with individual determinants of willingness to participate, focusing an low-skilled unemployed, i.e. persons without any training qualification. To this end, survey data are combined with administrative data. The empirical results suggest that persons who are less risk averse show a significantly higher preparedness to participate. The same is true for migrants. Furthermore, previous participation in vocational training programs increases the willingness to participate again. In contrast, previous receipt of meanstested or insurance benefits during several spells of unemployment reduces the participation motivation." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
|Date of creation:||13 Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||published in: Zeitschrift für Sozialreform, Jg. 59, H. 4 (2013), p. 493-513|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raaum, Oddbjorn & Torp, Hege, 2002. "Labour market training in Norway--effect on earnings," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 207-247, April.
- Borghans, Lex & Duckworth, Angela Lee & Heckman, James J. & ter Weel, Bas, 2008.
"The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3333, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lex Borghans & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Bas ter Weel, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(4).
- Borghans Lex & Lee Duckworth Angela & Heckman James J. & Weel Bas ter, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Lex Borghans & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Bas ter Weel, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," NBER Working Papers 13810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lex Borghans & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Bas ter Weel, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," Working Papers 200827, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Borghans, Lex & Duckworth, Angela Lee & Heckman, James J. & Weel, Bas ter, 2008. "The Economics and Psychology of Personality Traits," MERIT Working Papers 010, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Didier Fouarge & Trudie Schils & Andries de Grip, 2013.
"Why do low-educated workers invest less in further training?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(18), pages 2587-2601, June.
- Fouarge Didier & Schils Trudie & Grip Andries de, 2010. "Why do low-educated workers invest less in further training?," ROA Research Memorandum 010, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Fouarge, Didier & Schils, Trudie & de Grip, Andries, 2010. "Why Do Low-Educated Workers Invest Less in Further Training?," IZA Discussion Papers 5180, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fouarge Didier & Grip Andries de & Schils Trudie, 2010. "Why do low-educated workers invest less in further training?," Research Memorandum 058, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Schwerdt, Guido & Messer, Dolores & Woessmann, Ludger & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011.
"Effects of Adult Education Vouchers on the Labor Market: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5431, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Guido Schwerdt & Dolores Messer & Ludger Woessmann & Stefan C. Wolter, 2011. "Effects of Adult Education Vouchers on the Labor Market: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment," CESifo Working Paper Series 3331, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eric A. Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2008.
"The Role of Cognitive Skills in Economic Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(3), pages 607-68, September.
- Eric Hanushek & Ludger Woessmann, 2008. "The Role of Cognitive Skills in Economic Development," Discussion Papers 07-034, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Wößmann, Ludger, 2008. "The role of cognitive skills in economic development," Munich Reprints in Economics 20454, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- James Heckman & Pedro Carneiro & Flavio Cunha, 2004.
"The Technology of Skill Formation,"
2004 Meeting Papers
681, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- James Heckman & Pedro Carneiro, 2003.
"Human Capital Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
9495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
7656, David K. Levine.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-91, March.
- Bernhard, Sarah & Hohmeyer, Katrin & Jozwiak, Eva & Koch, Susanne & Kruppe, Thomas & Stephan, Gesine & Wolff, Joachim, 2008. "Aktive Arbeitsmarktpolitik in Deutschland und ihre Wirkungen," IAB-Forschungsbericht 200802, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Schmid, Günther, 2004. "Soziales Risikomanagement durch Übergangsarbeitsmärkte," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2004-110, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Farhauer, Oliver, 2002. "Institutionelle Schwächen staatlicher Qualifizierungsprogramme," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1998 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 82(8), pages 503-508.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabdpa:201229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.