Do newly founded firms pay lower wages? : first evidence from Germany
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Udo Brixy & Susanne Kohaut & Claus Schnabel, 2007. "Do Newly Founded Firms Pay Lower Wages? First Evidence from Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 161-171, June.
- Schnabel, Claus & Kohaut, Susanne & Brixy, Udo, 2004. "Do newly founded firms pay lower wages? First evidence from Germany," Discussion Papers 28, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johannes Gernandt & Friedhelm Pfeiffer, 2006. "Einstiegslöhne bei unvollkommenen Arbeitsmärkten," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(2), pages 147-172, May.
- Oi, Walter Y. & Idson, Todd L., 1999. "Firm size and wages," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 33, pages 2165-2214, Elsevier.
- Kölling, Arnd & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2002.
"Establishment Age and Wages: Evidence from German Linked Employer-Employee Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
679, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kölling, Arnd & Schnabel, Claus & Wagner, Joachim, 2002. "Establishment age and wages: evidence from German linked employer-employee data," Discussion Papers 13, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Brixy, Udo & Kohaut, Susanne, 1999. "Employment Growth Determinants in New Firms in Eastern Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 155-170, September.
- Mark Doms & Timothy Dunne & Kenneth R. Troske, 1997. "Workers, Wages, and Technology," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 253-290.
- Claudio Michelacci & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2009.
"Financial Markets and Wages,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 76(2), pages 795-827.
- Claudio Michelacci & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2004. "Financial Markets and Wages," 2004 Meeting Papers 116, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michelacci, Claudio & Quadrini, Vincenzo, 2005. "Financial Markets and Wages," CEPR Discussion Papers 4867, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Claudio Michelacci & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2005. "Financial Markets and Wages," NBER Working Papers 11050, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Mortensen, Dale T, 1998. "Wage Differentials, Employer Size, and Unemployment," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(2), pages 257-273, May.
- Wagner, Joachim, 1994. "The Post-entry Performance of New Small Firms in German Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 141-154, June.
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J. Roberts & Larry Samuelson, 1989.
"The Growth and Failure of U. S. Manufacturing Plants,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 104(4), pages 671-698.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M.J. & Samuelson, L., 1988. "The Growth And Failure Of U.S. Manufacturing Plants," Papers 1-87-5, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Heyman, Fredrik, 2004. "The Employer Age-Wage Effect: Evidence from Matched Employer-Employee Data," Working Paper Series 193, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Charles Brown & James L. Medoff, 2003. "Firm Age and Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 677-698, July.
- Audretsch, David B. & van Leeuwen, George & Menkveld, Bert & Thurik, Roy, 2001. "Market dynamics in the Netherlands: Competition policy and the role of small firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 795-821, April.
More about this item
KeywordsIAB-Linked-Employer-Employee-Datensatz; Unternehmensgründung; Unternehmensalter; Lohnstruktur; Lohnhöhe;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2006-06-17 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabdpa:200404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iabbbde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.