Dynamic Semiparametric Factor Models in Risk Neutral Density Estimation
Dimension reduction techniques for functional data analysis model and approximate smooth random functions by lower dimensional objects. In many applications the focus of interest lies not only in dimension reduction but also in the dynamic behaviour of the lower dimensional objects. The most prominent dimension reduction technique - functional principal components analysis - however, does not model time dependences embedded in functional data. In this paper we use dynamic semiparametric factor models (DSFM) to reduce dimensionality and analyse the dynamic structure of unknown random functions by means of inference based on their lower dimensional representation. We apply DSFM to estimate the dynamic structure of risk neutral densities implied by prices of option on the DAX stock index.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Szymon Borak & Wolfgang Härdle & Enno Mammen & Byeong U. Park, 2007.
"Time Series Modelling with Semiparametric Factor Dynamics,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2007-023, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Park, Byeong U. & Mammen, Enno & HÃ¤rdle, Wolfgang & Borak, Szymon, 2009. "Time Series Modelling With Semiparametric Factor Dynamics," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(485), pages 284-298.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 1995.
"Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices,"
NBER Working Papers
5351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 499-547, 04.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, . "Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices," CRSP working papers 332, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Ralf Brüggemann & Wolfgang Härdle & Julius Mungo & Carsten Trenkler, 2008. "VAR Modeling for Dynamic Loadings Driving Volatility Strings," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(3), pages 361-381, Summer.
- Fengler, Matthias R. & Härdle, Wolfgang & Mammen, Enno, 2003. "Implied volatility string dynamics," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,54, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Rama Cont & Jose da Fonseca, 2002. "Dynamics of implied volatility surfaces," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 45-60.
- Hernández-Hernández, Daniel & Schied, Alexander, 2007. "A control approach to robust utility maximization with logarithmic utility and time-consistent penalties," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(8), pages 980-1000, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2008-038. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.