Exploring Bi-Criteria versus Multi-Dimensional Lower Partial Moment Portfolio Models
This contribution explores how multi-dimensional lower partial moment portfolio models are different from their bi-criteria counterparts. In particular, the mean semivariance and semi-skewness model that seems little used in practice is contrasted to the rather popular mean semi-variance and mean semi-skewness models. The difference between these models is illustrated via a geometric reconstruction of the multidimensional efficient portfolio choice set.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://research.hubrussel.be|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Jarrow & Feng Zhao, 2006. "Downside Loss Aversion and Portfolio Management," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(4), pages 558-566, April.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Mounier, Amine & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2008.
"Geometric representation of the mean-variance-skewness portfolio frontier based upon the shortage function,"
2008/61, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Mounir, Amine & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2011. "Geometric representation of the mean-variance-skewness portfolio frontier based upon the shortage function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 210(1), pages 81-94, April.
- Kristiaan Kerstens & Amine Mounir & Amine Mounir & Ignace Van de Woestyne, 2008. "Geometric Representation of the Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Frontier Based upon the Shortage Function," Working Papers 2008-ECO-17, IESEG School of Management.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Jean Baptiste Lesourd, 2002. "Single Period Markowitz Portfolio Selection, Performance Gauging and Duality: A Variation on Luenberger’s Shortage Function," Working Paper 200203, Department of Business Economics, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona.
- Galagedera, Don U.A., 2007. "An alternative perspective on the relationship between downside beta and CAPM beta," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 4-19, March.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Octave Jokung, 2007.
"Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging: A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach,"
INFORMS, vol. 53(1), pages 135-149, January.
- Walter Briec & Kristiaan Kerstens & Octave Jokung, 2005. "Mean-Variance-Skewness Portfolio Performance Gauging: A General Shortage Function and Dual Approach," Working Papers 2005-ECO-05, IESEG School of Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:200929. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.