Re-examining Symmetry of Shocks for East Asia: Results Using a VAR with Sign Restrictions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dedola, Luca & Neri, Stefano, 2007.
"What does a technology shock do? A VAR analysis with model-based sign restrictions,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 512-549, March.
- Stefano Neri & Luca Dedola, 2004. "Are technology shocks contractionary? A Bayesian VAR analysis with priors on impulses responses," 2004 Meeting Papers 406, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dedola, Luca & Neri, Stefano, 2004. "What Does A Technology Shock Do? A VAR Analysis with Model-based Sign Restrictions," CEPR Discussion Papers 4537, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luca Dedola & Stefano Neri, 2006. "What does a technology shock do? A VAR analysis with model-based sign restrictions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 607, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Dedola, Luca & Neri, Stefano, 2006. "What does a technology shock do? A VAR analysis with model-based sign restrictions," Working Paper Series 705, European Central Bank.
- Zhaoyong Zhang & Kiyotaka Sato & Michael McAleer, 2004. "Is a monetary union feasible for East Asia?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(10), pages 1031-1043.
- Gert Peersman & Roland Straub, 2009.
"Technology Shocks And Robust Sign Restrictions In A Euro Area Svar,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(3), pages 727-750, August.
- Peersman, Gert & Straub, Roland, 2004. "Technology shocks and robust sign restrictions in a euro area SVAR," Working Paper Series 373, European Central Bank.
- G. Peersman & R. Straub, 2005. "Technology Shocks and Robust Sign Restrictions in a Euro Area SVAR," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 05/288, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Cohen, Daniel & Wyplosz, Charles, 1989. "The European Monetary Union: An Agnostic Evaluation," CEPR Discussion Papers 306, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zhaoyong Zhang & Kiyotaka Sato, 2008. "Whither A Currency Union in Greater China?," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 355-370, July.
- Kim, David, 2007. "An East Asian currency union?: The empirical nature of macroeconomic shocks in East Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 847-866, December.
- Kiyotaka Sato & Zhaoyong Zhang, 2006. "Real Output Co‐movements in East Asia: Any Evidence for a Monetary Union?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(12), pages 1671-1689, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tuan Khai Vu, 2015. "Exchange Rate Regimes and the Sources of Real Exchange Rate Fluctuations: Evidence from East Asia," Discussion Papers 31, Meisei University, School of Economics.
- Alberto Coco & Andrea Silvestrini, 2017. "The nature and propagation of shocks in the euro area: a comparative SVAR analysis," International Journal of Computational Economics and Econometrics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1/2), pages 95-114.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Iikka Korhonen, 2018.
"Meta‐Analysis of Chinese Business Cycle Correlation,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 385-410, August.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka, 2015. "Meta-analysis of Chinese business cycle correlation," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Iikka Korhonen, 2015. "Meta-Analysis of Chinese Business Cycle Correlation," Working Papers 062015, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
More about this item
KeywordsStructural VAR; Long run restriction; Sign restriction; Symmetry of Shocks; Common Currency; East Asia;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IFN-2009-04-18 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2009-04-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SEA-2009-04-18 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hst:ghsdps:gd08-042. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tatsuji Makino). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iehitjp.html .