Effect of Microfinance on Vulnerability, Poverty and Risk in Low Income Households
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ranjula Bali Swain & Maria Floro, 2008. "Effect of Microfinance on Vulnerability, Poverty and Risk in Low Income Households," Working Papers 2008-02, American University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark M. Pitt & Shahidur R. Khandker, 1998. "The Impact of Group-Based Credit Programs on Poor Households in Bangladesh: Does the Gender of Participants Matter?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 958-996, October.
- A. Sandmo, 1970. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Saving Decisions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 353-360.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amit Kundu, 2011.
"Effectiveness of Microfinance Under SGSY Scheme to Reduce Poverty and Vulnerability of Rural Households: A Natural Experiment,"
The IUP Journal of Financial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(3), pages 40-55, September.
- Kundu, Amit, 2010. "Effectiveness of Microfinance under SGSY scheme to reduce Poverty and Vulnerability of Rural Households: A Natural Experiment," MPRA Paper 35193, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Aug 2011.
- Ukpe, Offiong Uma & Nweze, Noble Jackson & Arene, Chukwuemeka John, 0. "Food Insecurity Vulnerability Status Of Farm Households In Niger- Delta, Nigeria," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4.
- Bali Swain, Ranjula & Floro, Maria, 2010. "Reducing Vulnerability through Microfinance: Evidence from Indian Self Help Group Program," Working Paper Series 2010:23, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Abdul Ghafar Ismail & Bayu Taufiq Possumah, 2014. "Poverty and social security in Islam," Chapters,in: Handbook on Islam and Economic Life, chapter 22, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Evans Jadotte, 2010. "Vulnerability to Poverty: A Microeconometric Approach and Application to the Republic of Haiti," Working Papers wpdea1004, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- repec:ris:badest:0534 is not listed on IDEAS
- B, Ranjula & Wallentin, Fan Yang, 2008. "Economic or Non-Economic Factors – What Empowers Women?," Working Paper Series 2008:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsMicrofinance; Vulnerability; Poverty; Risk Coping;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-01-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-01-05 (Development)
- NEP-MFD-2008-01-05 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uunewp:2007_031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nekuuse.html .