Error Corrected Disequilibrium
We derive an econometric disequilibrium model for time series data. This is done by error correcting the supply of some good. The model naturally separates between a continuously clearing market and a clearing market in the long-run such that we are able to obtain a novel test of clearing markets. We apply the model to the Swedish market for short-term business loans, and find that this market is characterized by a long-run non-market clearing equilibrium.
|Date of creation:||17 Feb 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 090 - 786 61 42
Fax: 090 - 77 23 02
Web page: http://www.econ.umu.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fair, Ray C & Jaffee, Dwight M, 1972. "Methods of Estimation for Markets in Disequilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 497-514, May.
- Perez, Stephen J., 1998. "Testing for Credit Rationing: An Application of Disequilibrium Econometrics," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 721-739, October.
- Nada Oulidi & Laurence Allain, 2009. "Credit Market in Morocco; A Disequilibrium Approach," IMF Working Papers 09/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Gourieroux, C & Laffont, J-J & Monfort, A, 1980. "Disequilibrium Econometrics in Simultaneous Equations Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 75-96, January.
- Maddala, G S & Nelson, Forrest D, 1974. "Maximum Likelihood Methods for Models of Markets in Disequilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1013-30, November.
- Hurlin, Christophe & Kierzenkowski, Rafal, 2003.
"Credit Market Disequilibrium in Poland : Can We Find What We Expect ? Non-Stationarity and the"Min" Condition,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/3410, Paris Dauphine University.
- Christophe Hurlin & Rafal Kierzenkowski, 2003. "Credit Market Disequilibrium in Poland: Can We Find What We Expect? Non-Stationarity and the “Min”Condition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-581, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Goldfelfd, Stephen M. & Quandt, Richard E., 1975. "Estimation in a disequilibrium model and the value of information," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 325-348, November.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1974. "A Note on a Fair and Jaffee Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 759-62, July.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Garcia, Rene, 1977. "Disequilibrium Econometrics for Business Loans," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1187-1204, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0837. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kjell-Göran Holmberg)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.