Consumer Information and Pharmaceutical Prices: Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven Salop & Joseph Stiglitz, 1977.
"Bargains and Ripoffs: A Model of Monopolistically Competitive Price Dispersion,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 493-510.
- Steven C. Salop & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1977. "Bargains and ripoffs: a model of monopolistically competitive price dispersion," Special Studies Papers 94, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Diamond, Peter A., 1971. "A model of price adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 156-168, June.
- Meir Statman, 1981. "The effect of patent expiration on the market position of drugs," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 61-66, June.
- Mats A. Bergman & Niklas Rudholm, 2003. "The Relative Importance of Actual and Potential Competition: Empirical Evidence From the Pharmaceuticals Market," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 455-467, December.
- Nikas Rudholm, 2001. "Entry and the Number of Firms in the Swedish Pharmaceuticals Market," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(3), pages 351-364, November.
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2000. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Retail Markets for Prescription Drugs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 833-862, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Orth, Matilda & Rudholm, Niklas, 2008. "Does the Quality of Store Brands Affect the Number of National Brand Suppliers?," HUI Working Papers 18, HUI Research.
- Granlund, David, 2008. "Does Physicians' Compensation Affect the Probability of their Vetoing Generic Substitution?," HUI Working Papers 14, HUI Research.
- Granlund, David, 2010. "Price and welfare effects of a pharmaceutical substitution reform," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 856-865, December.
- Granlund, David & Rudholm, Niklas, 2008. "Consumer Loyalty in the Swedish Pharmaceuticals Market," HUI Working Papers 17, HUI Research.
- Granlund, David, 2008. "Does physicians' compensation affect the probability of their vetoing generic substitution?," Umeå Economic Studies 729, Umeå University, Department of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2008.
More about this item
KeywordsPharmaceutical industry; generic competition; generic drugs; brand name drugs;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-04-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-04-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HEA-2007-04-28 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-04-28 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0709. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inumuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.