Consumer Loyalty in the Swedish Pharmaceuticals Market
The purpose of this paper is to test if consumer loyalty is stronger toward brand name prharmaceutical products and branded generics as compared to "true" generics in the Swedish pharmaceutical market. The results show that consumers are equally loyal toward brand name pharmaceuticals and branded generics, while substantially less loyal toward generics. The results thus seem to give support to the idea that brand name recognition is important in creating consumer loyalty toward pharmaceutical products.
|Date of creation:||09 Jun 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46 (0)8 762 72 80
Fax: +46 (0)8 679 76 06
Web page: http://www.hui.se/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Granlund, David, 2008. "Does Physicians' Compensation Affect the Probability of their Vetoing Generic Substitution?," HUI Working Papers 14, HUI Research.
- John Rizzo & Richard Zeckhauser, 2009.
"Generic script share and the price of brand-name drugs: the role of consumer choice,"
International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 291-316, September.
- Rizzo, John & Zeckhauser, Richard Jay, 2012. "Generic Script Share and the Price of Brand-Name Drugs: The Role of Consumer Choice," Scholarly Articles 8057977, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Granlund, David & Rudholm, Niklas, 2007. "Consumer Information and Pharmaceutical Prices: Theory and Evidence," Umeå Economic Studies 709, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Granlund, David, 2008. "Does physicians' compensation affect the probability of their vetoing generic substitution?," Umeå Economic Studies 729, Umeå University, Department of Economics, revised 26 Mar 2008.
- John A. Rizzo & Richard Zeckhauser, 2005. "Generic Scrip Share and the Price of Brand-Name Drugs: The Role of the Consumer," NBER Working Papers 11431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2004.
"Parallel imports and the pricing of pharmaceutical products: evidence from the European Union,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 1035-1057, September.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2004. "Parallel Import and the Pricing of Pharmaceutical Products: Evidence from the European Union," Working Paper Series 622, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Coscelli, Andrea, 2000. "The Importance of Doctors' and Patients' Preferences in the Prescription Decision," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 349-69, September.
- Granlund, David & Rudholm, Niklas, 2007. "Consumer Information and Pharmaceutical Prices: Theory and Evidence," HUI Working Papers 8, HUI Research.
- Richard, Oliver & Van Horn, Larry, 2004. "Persistence in prescriptions of branded drugs," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 523-540, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:huiwps:0017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Nilsson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.