Generic Script Share and the Price of Brand-Name Drugs: The Role of Consumer Choice
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- John Rizzo & Richard Zeckhauser, 2009. "Generic script share and the price of brand-name drugs: the role of consumer choice," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 291-316, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anupam B. Jena & John E. Calfee & Edward C. Mansley & Tomas J. Philipson, 2009. ""Me-Too" Innovation in Pharmaceutical Markets," NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in Health Policy Research, volume 12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard G. Frank & David S. Salkever, 1997. "Generic Entry and the Pricing of Pharmaceuticals," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 75-90, March.
- Steven N. Wiggins & Robert Maness, 2004. "Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals: The Case of Anti-infectives," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 247-263, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kanavos, Panos G. & Vandoros, Sotiris, 2011.
"Determinants of branded prescription medicine prices in OECD countries,"
Health Economics, Policy and Law,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 337-367, June.
- Kanavos, Panos G. & Vandoros, Sotiris, 2011. "Determinants of branded prescription medicine prices in OECD countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 36351, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- David Granlund & Niklas Rudholm, 2012. "The Prescribing Physician’s Influence on Consumer Choice Between Medically Equivalent Pharmaceuticals," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 41(3), pages 207-222, November.
- Granlund, David & Rudholm, Niklas, 2008. "Consumer Loyalty in the Swedish Pharmaceuticals Market," HUI Working Papers 17, HUI Research.
- Bate, Roger & Jin, Ginger Zhe & Mathur, Aparna, 2011.
"Does price reveal poor-quality drugs? Evidence from 17 countries,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1150-1163.
- Roger Bate & Ginger Zhe Jin & Aparna Mathur, 2011. "Does Price Reveal Poor-Quality Drugs? Evidence from 17 Countries," NBER Working Papers 16854, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Warren A. & Ritz, Lindsay Sarah & Vitello, Marie & Wirtz, Veronika J., 2012. "Policies to promote use of generic medicines in low and middle income countries: A review of published literature, 2000–2010," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(3), pages 211-224.
More about this item
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hrv:hksfac:8057977. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Office for Scholarly Communication). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .