Under the influence of traumatic events, new ideas, economic experts and the ICT revolution - the economic policy and macroeconomic performance of Sweden in the 1990s and 2000s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernd Hayo & Carsten Hefeker, 2001. "Do We Really Need Central Bank Independence? A Critical Re- examination," Macroeconomics 0103006, EconWPA.
- Stephen Nickell & Luca Nunziata & Wolfgang Ochel, 2005. "Unemployment in the OECD Since the 1960s. What Do We Know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(500), pages 1-27, January.
- Helge Bennmarker & Kenneth Carling & Bertil Holmlund, 2007.
"Do Benefit Hikes Damage Job Finding? Evidence from Swedish Unemployment Insurance Reforms,"
CEIS, vol. 21(1), pages 85-120, March.
- Helge Bennmarker & Kenneth Carling & Bertil Holmlund, 2005. "Do Benefit Hikes Damage Job Finding? Evidence from Swedish Unemployment Insurance Reforms," CESifo Working Paper Series 1460, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bennmarker, Helge & Carling, Kenneth & Holmlund, Bertil, 2005. "Do benefit hikes damage job finding? Evidence from Swedish unemployment insurance reforms," Working Paper Series 2005:22, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Bennmarker, Helge & Carling, Kenneth & Holmlund, Bertil, 2005. "Do Benefit Hikes Damage Job Finding? Evidence from Swedish Unemployment Insurance Reforms," Working Paper Series 2005:15, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Magnus Gustavsson, 2007. "The 1990s rise in Swedish earnings inequality -- persistent or transitory?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 25-30.
- Lennart Erixon, 2010.
"The Rehn-Meidner Model in Sweden: Its Rise, Challenges and Survival,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 677-715.
- Erixon, Lennart, 2008. "The Rehn-Meidner Model in Sweden: Its Rise, Challenges and Survival," Research Papers in Economics 2008:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & de Luna, Xavier, 2002. "Central Bank Independence and Price Stability: Evidence from 23 OECD-countries," Umeå Economic Studies 589, Umeå University, Department of Economics, revised 12 Jun 2003.
- Jonung, Lars & Fregert, Klas, 2008.
"Inflation Targeting Is a Success, So Far: 100 Years of Evidence from Swedish Wage Contracts,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-25.
- Fregert, Klas & Jonung, Lars, 2008. "Inflation Targeting Is a Success, So Far: 100 Years of Evidence from Swedish Wage Contracts," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-24, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Magnus Gustavsson, 2008. "A New Picture Of Swedish Earnings Inequality: Persistent And Transitory Components, 1960-1990," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(3), pages 324-349, September.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Jordi Gali, 2007.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Shocks: Why are the 2000s So Different from the 1970s?,"
NBER Working Papers
13368, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Galí, Jordi, 2008. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Oil Shocks: Why are the 2000s so Different from the 1970s?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6631, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Philippe Cotis & Jonathan Coppel, 2005. "Business Cycle Dynamics in OECD Countries: Evidence, Causes and Policy Implications," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Christopher Kent & David Norman (ed.), The Changing Nature of the Business Cycle Reserve Bank of Australia.
- George A. Akerlof & William T. Dickens & George L. Perry, 2000. "Near-Rational Wage and Price Setting and the Long-Run Phillips Curve," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 1-60.
- Assar Lindbeck, 1997. "The Swedish Experiment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1273-1319, September.
- Daniel Leigh & Etibar Jafarov, 2007. "Alternative Fiscal Rules for Norway," IMF Working Papers 07/241, International Monetary Fund.
- Espen Erlandsen & Jens Lundsgaard, 2007. "How Regulatory Reforms in Sweden have boosted Productivity," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 577, OECD Publishing.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1991. "Introduction," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 209-211, April.
- Per Lundborg & Hans Sacklén, 2006. "Low-inflation Targeting and Long-run Unemployment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(3), pages 397-418, October.
- Bertil Holmlund, 2009. "The Swedish unemployment experience," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 109-125, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johan Lonnroth, 2013. "Who Came First: Politicians or Academic Economists?," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(1), pages 121-140.
- Lennart Erixon, 2015. "Can fiscal austerity be expansionary in present-day Europe? The lessons from Sweden," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 567â€”601-5, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSwedish model; Swedish economic policy; Swedish Central Bank; economic experts; Sweden’s macroeconomic performance; financial crisis; new economic-policy regime;
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- E64 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Incomes Policy; Price Policy
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-09-05 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2011-09-05 (European Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2011-09-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2011_0025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .