Identity and Social Distance in Friendship Formation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yann Bramoullé & Brian W. Rogers, 2009.
"Diversity and Popularity in Social Networks,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Yann Bramoulle & Brian Rogers, 2009. "Diversity and Popularity in Social Networks," Discussion Papers 1475, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Brian W. Rogers & Yann Bramoullé, 2009. "diversity and popularity in social networks," 2009 Meeting Papers 287, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ben-Ner, Avner & McCall, Brian P. & Stephane, Massoud & Wang, Hua, 2009. "Identity and in-group/out-group differentiation in work and giving behaviors: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 153-170, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MOSSAY, Pascal & PICARD, Pierre M., 2013.
"Spatial segregation and urban structure,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2013019, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre M. Picard & Pascal Mossay, 2013. "Spatial Segregation and Urban Structure," CREA Discussion Paper Series 13-03, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Pascal MOSSAY & Pierre PICARD, 2013. "Spatial Segregation and Urban Structure," Discussion papers 13056, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:eee:gamebe:v:103:y:2017:i:c:p:286-312 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christian Ghiglino & Antonella Nocco, 2017. "When Veblen meets Krugman: social network and city dynamics," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 63(2), pages 431-470, February.
- Giovanni Facchini & Eleonora Patacchini & Max F. Steinhardt, 2015.
"Migration, Friendship Ties, and Cultural Assimilation,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 117(2), pages 619-649, April.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Patacchini, Eleonora & Steinhardt, Max, 2014. "Migration, Friendship Ties, and Cultural Assimilation," CEPR Discussion Papers 10032, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Patacchini, Eleonora & Steinhardt, Max F., 2014. "Migration, Friendship Ties and Cultural Assimilation," IZA Discussion Papers 7881, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsnetworks; identity; homophily; social norms;
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2011-04-09 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-NET-2011-04-09 (Network Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2011-04-09 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2011-04-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sunrpe:2011_0013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sten Nyberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/neisuse.html .