Partner Choice and Women's Paid Work in Sweden - The Role of Earnings
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weiss, Yoram, 1993.
"The formation and dissolution of families: Why marry? Who marries whom? And what happens upon divorce,"
Handbook of Population and Family Economics,in: M. R. Rosenzweig & Stark, O. (ed.), Handbook of Population and Family Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 81-123
- Weiss, Y., 1993. "The Formation and Dissolution of Families: Why Marry? Who Maries Whom? and what Happens Upon Divorce?," Papers 15-93, Tel Aviv.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Richardson, Katarina, 2002.
" Swimming with the Tide: Solidary Wage Policy and the Gender Earnings Gap,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 104(1), pages 49-67.
- Edin, P.A. & Richardson, K., 1999. "Swemming with the Tide: Solidarity Wage Policy and the Gender Earnings Gap," Papers 1999:11, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Richardson, Katarina, 1999. "Swimming with the tide: solidarity wage policy and the gender earnings gap," Working Paper Series 1999:3, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Richardson, Katarina, 1999. "Swimming With the Tide: Solidarity Wage Policy and the Gender Earnings Gap," Working Paper Series 1999:11, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Killingsworth, Mark R. & Heckman, James J., 1987. "Female labor supply: A survey," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 2, pages 103-204 Elsevier.
- Siv Gustafsson & Frank Stafford, 1992. "Child Care Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(1), pages 204-230.
- James W. Albrecht & Per-Anders Edin & Marianne Sundström & Susan B. Vroman, 1999.
"Career Interruptions and Subsequent Earnings: A Reexamination Using Swedish Data,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 294-311.
- Albrecht, James W. & Edin, Per-Anders & Sundström, Marianne & Vroman, Susan B., 1996. "Career Interruptions and Subsequent Earnings: A Reexamination Using Swedish Data," Working Paper Series 1996:23, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Albrecht, J & Edin, P-A & Sundstrom, M & Vroman, S-B, 1996. "Career Interruptions and Subsequent Earning : A Reexamination Using Swedish Data," Papers 1996-23, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Gustafsson, Siv & Stafford, Frank, 1988. "Daycare Subsidies and Labor Supply in Sweden," CEPR Discussion Papers 279, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M, 1997. "Wage Inequality and Family Labor Supply," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 72-97, January.
- David Lam, 1988. "Marriage Markets and Assortative Mating with Household Public Goods: Theoretical Results and Empirical Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(4), pages 462-487.
- Thomas Aronsson & James R. Walker, 1997. "The Effects of Sweden's Welfare State on Labor Supply Incentives," NBER Chapters,in: The Welfare State in Transition: Reforming the Swedish Model, pages 203-266 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:intmig:v:51:y:2017:i:2:p:506-541 is not listed on IDEAS
- Åström, Johanna, 2009. "The Effects of Assortative Mating on Earnings: Human Capital Spillover or Specialization?," HUI Working Papers 34, HUI Research.
- Anja-Kristin Abendroth, 2014. "Country Differences in the Relationship between Incomes and Wage Rates of Working Partners," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 641, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Martin Dribe & Paul Nystedt, 2013. "Educational Homogamy and Gender-Specific Earnings: Sweden, 1990–2009," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(4), pages 1197-1216, August.
- Guiping Liu & Andres Vikat, 2004. "Does divorce risk depend on spouses´ relative income? A register-based study of first marriages in Sweden in 1981–1998," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2004-010, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Brynin, Malcolm & Francesconi, Marco, 2002. "The material returns to partnership: the effects of educational matching on labour market outcomes and gender equality," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Björklund, Anders & Ginther, Donna K. & Sundström, Marianne, 2007. "Does Marriage Matter for Children? Assessing the Causal Impact of Legal Marriage," IZA Discussion Papers 3189, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2004-12-12 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2004-12-12 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sofiwp:2000_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefan Englund). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sofsuse.html .