Wage Policies for Health Personnel - Essays on the Wage Impact on Hours of Work and Practice Choice
This thesis aims to explore the short-term impact of increased wages on the working hours of health personnel and their practice choice. An additional objective is to identify existing compensating differentials in the job market for health personnel.
|Date of creation:||07 Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 2307 5309
Fax: 2307 5310
Web page: http://www.hero.uio.no/eng.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aaberge, Rolf & Colombino, Ugo & Strom, Steinar, 1999. "Labour Supply in Italy: An Empirical Analysis of Joint Household Decisions, with Taxes and Quantity Constraints," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 403-22, July-Aug..
- Kostiuk, Peter F, 1990. "Compensating Differentials for Shift Work," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1054-75, October.
- Paul van den Noord & Terje Hagen & Tor Iversen, 1998. "The Norwegian Health Care System," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 198, OECD Publishing.
- Lanfranchi, Joseph & Ohlsson, Henry & Skalli, Ali, 2002.
"Compensating wage differentials and shift work preferences,"
Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 393-398, February.
- Lanfranchi, Joseph & Ohlsson, Henry & Skalli, Ali, 2001. "COMPENSATING WAGE DIFFERENTIALS AND SHIFT WORK PREFERENCES. Evidence from France," Working Papers in Economics 55, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- LaVonne A. Booton & Julia I. Lane, 1985. "Hospital Market Structure and the Return to Nursing Education," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(2), pages 184-196.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Dagsvik, John K & Strom, Steinar, 1995. " Labor Supply Responses and Welfare Effects of Tax Reforms," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 635-59, December.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1999. "The Timing of Work over Time," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(452), pages 37-66, January.
- Charles R. Link, 1988. "Returns to Nursing Education: 1970-84," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 372-387.
- Edward J. Schumacher & Barry T. Hirsch, 1997.
"Compensating differentials and unmeasured ability in the labor market for nurses: Why do hospitals pay more?,"
Industrial and Labor Relations Review,
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 50(4), pages 557-579, July.
- Edward J. Schumacher & Barry T. Hirsch, . "Compensating Differentials and Unmeasured Ability in the Labor Market For Nurses: Why Do Hospitals Pay More?," Working Papers 9604, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Hwang, Hae-shin & Reed, W Robert & Hubbard, Carlton, 1992. "Compensating Wage Differentials and Unobserved Productivity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 835-58, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:oslohe:2005_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anbjørg Kolaas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.