Superstars without talent? The Yule distribution controversy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Laura Spierdijk & Mark Voorneveld, 2009. "Superstars without Talent? The Yule Distribution Controversy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 91(3), pages 648-652, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, Raymond A. K. & Kleiman, Robert T., 2000. "A stochastic model of superstardom: evidence from institutional investor's All-American Research Team," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-53.
- Adler, Moshe, 1985. "Stardom and Talent," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 208-212, March.
- Giles, David E., 2006.
"Superstardom in the US popular music industry revisited,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 68-74, July.
- David E. Giles, 2005. "Superstardom in the U.S. Popular Music Industry Revisited," Econometrics Working Papers 0511, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Chung, Kee H & Cox, Raymond A K, 1994. "A Stochastic Model of Superstardom: An Application of the Yule Distribution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 771-775, November.
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006. "Handbook of the Eonomics of Art and Culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/152412, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Adler, Moshe, 2006. "Stardom and Talent," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brinja Meiseberg, 2014. "Trust the artist versus trust the tale: performance implications of talent and self-marketing in folk music," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(1), pages 9-42, February.
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González-Maestre, 2012.
"Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 633-672, September.
- Alcalá Francisco & González Maestre Miguel, 2010. "Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach," Working Papers 2010103, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González-Maestre, 2011. "Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000090, David K. Levine.
- Günther G. Schulze, 2011. "Superstars," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 56 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:compst:v:33:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00180-017-0735-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martínez-Rodríguez, A.M. & Sáez-Castillo, A.J. & Conde-Sánchez, A., 2011. "Modelling using an extended Yule distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 863-873, January.
More about this item
KeywordsSuperstardom; Yule distribution;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2007-05-04 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-ECM-2007-05-04 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .