Superstars without Talent? The Yule Distribution Controversy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Spierdijk, Laura & Voorneveld, Mark, 2007. "Superstars without talent? The Yule distribution controversy," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 658, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2007.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cox, Raymond A. K. & Kleiman, Robert T., 2000. "A stochastic model of superstardom: evidence from institutional investor's All-American Research Team," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-53.
- Victor Ginsburgh & David Throsby, 2006. "Handbook of the Eonomics of Art and Culture," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/152412, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Adler, Moshe, 2006. "Stardom and Talent," Handbook of the Economics of Art and Culture, Elsevier.
- Adler, Moshe, 1985. "Stardom and Talent," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 208-212, March.
- Giles, David E., 2006.
"Superstardom in the US popular music industry revisited,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 68-74, July.
- David E. Giles, 2005. "Superstardom in the U.S. Popular Music Industry Revisited," Econometrics Working Papers 0511, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Chung, Kee H & Cox, Raymond A K, 1994. "A Stochastic Model of Superstardom: An Application of the Yule Distribution," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 771-775, November.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "The Economics of Superstars," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 845-858, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brinja Meiseberg, 2014. "Trust the artist versus trust the tale: performance implications of talent and self-marketing in folk music," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(1), pages 9-42, February.
- repec:spr:compst:v:33:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00180-017-0735-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martínez-Rodríguez, A.M. & Sáez-Castillo, A.J. & Conde-Sánchez, A., 2011. "Modelling using an extended Yule distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 863-873, January.
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González-Maestre, 2012.
"Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 633-672, September.
- Alcalá Francisco & González Maestre Miguel, 2010. "Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach," Working Papers 2010103, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Francisco Alcalá & Miguel González-Maestre, 2011. "Artistic Creation and Intellectual Property: A Professional Career Approach," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000090, David K. Levine.
- Günther G. Schulze, 2011. "Superstars," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 56 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:91:y:2009:i:3:p:648-652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .