A Flexible Adjustment Model of Employment with Application to Zimbabwe's Manufacturing Industries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Subal Kumbhakar & Almas Heshmati & Lennart Hjalmarsson, 2002.
"How Fast Do Banks Adjust? A Dynamic Model of Labor-Use with an Application to Swedish Banks,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 79-102, July.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 2000. "How Fast Do Banks Adjust? A Dynamic Model of Labor-Use with an Application to Swedish Banks," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 411, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Nov 2001.
- John B. Knight, 1997. "Labour market policies and outcomes in Zimbabwe," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-01, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1997. "Pooled estimators vs. their heterogeneous counterparts in the context of dynamic demand for gasoline," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 303-327, April.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1995. "Labour-Use Efficiency in Swedish Social Insurance Offices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 33-47, Jan.-Marc.
- Fallon, Peter R. & Lucas, Robert E. B., 1993.
"Job security regulations and the dynamic demand for industrial labor in India and Zimbabwe,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 241-275, April.
- Peter R. Fallon & Robert E. B. Lucas, 1989. "Job Security Regulations and the Dynamic Demand for Industrial Labor in India and Zimbabwe," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 2, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983.
" Dynamic Factor Demands under Rational Expectations,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 223-238.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Dynamic Factor Demands Under Rational Expectations," NBER Working Papers 1015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Rotemberg, Julio., 1982. "Dynamic factor demands under rational expectations," Working papers 1351-82., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Diewert, W E, 1974. "Functional Forms for Revenue and Factor Requirements Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(1), pages 119-130, February.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 97-122, January.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haouas Ilham & Yagoubi Mahmoud & Heshmati Almas, 2003.
"Labor-use Efficiency in Tunisian Manufacturing Industiries,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 1(3), pages 1-20, December.
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "Labour-Use Efficiency in Tunisian Manufacturing Industries," IZA Discussion Papers 687, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "Labour-Use Efficiency in the Tunisian's Manufacturing Industries: A Flexible Adjustment Model," Documents de travail 79, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Jaan Masso & Almas Heshmati, 2004.
"The optimality and overuse of labour in Estonian manufacturing enterprises,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(4), pages 683-720, December.
- Masso, Jaan & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "The Optimality and Overuse of Labour in Estonian Manufacturing Enterprises," IZA Discussion Papers 884, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaan Masso & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "The Optimality And Overuse Of Labour In Estonian Manufacturing Enterprises," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 20, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Haouas, Ilham & Yagoubi, Mahmoud & Heshmati, Almas, 2002. "Labour-Use Efficiency in Tunisian Manufacturing Industries: A Flexible Adjustment Model," WIDER Working Paper Series 103, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsDynamics; employment; labour-use efficiency; panel data; Zimbabwe's manufacturing; speed of adjustment;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.