Social Information and Charitable Giving: An artefactual field experiment with young children and adolescents
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Martinsson, Peter & Nordblom, Katarina & Rützler, Daniela & Sutter, Matthias, 2011.
"Social preferences during childhood and the role of gender and age -- An experiment in Austria and Sweden,"
Elsevier, vol. 110(3), pages 248-251, March.
- Martinsson, Peter & Nordblom, Katarina & Rützler, Daniela & Sutter, Matthias, 2010. "Social preferences during childhood and the role of gender and age - An experiment in Austria and Sweden," Working Papers in Economics 474, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Peter Martinsson & Katarina Nordblom & Daniela R?tzler & Matthias Sutter, 2010. "BSocial preferences during childhood and the role of gender and age ? An experiment in Austria and Sweden," Working Papers 2010-28, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2012.
"Social background, cooperative behavior, and norm enforcement,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 341-354.
- Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Social Background, Cooperative Behavior, and Norm Enforcement," Discussion Papers dp-09-21-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Kocher, Martin & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2009. "Social Background, Cooperative Behavior, and Norm Enforcement," Working Papers in Economics 385, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Martinsson, Peter & Visser, Martine, 2012. "Social background, cooperative behavior, and norm enforcement," Munich Reprints in Economics 18163, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Eckel, Catherine C. & Grossman, Philip J., 1996. "Altruism in Anonymous Dictator Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 181-191, October.
- List, John A. & Samak, Anya C., 2013.
"Exploring the origins of charitable acts: Evidence from an artefactual field experiment with young children,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 431-434.
- John List & Anya Samek, 2012. "Exploring the Origins of Charitable Acts: Evidence from an Artefactual Field Experiment with Young Children," Artefactual Field Experiments 00435, The Field Experiments Website.
- Ernst Fehr & Urs Fischbacher, 2002. "Why Social Preferences Matter -- The Impact of Non-Selfish Motives on Competition, Cooperation and Incentives," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(478), pages 1-33, March.
- Peter Martinsson & Kristian Ove R. Myrseth & Conny Wollbrant, 2012. "Reconciling pro-social vs. selfish behavior: On the role of self-control," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 7(3), pages 304-315, May.
More about this item
KeywordsChildren; Charitable giving; Social information; Preference development;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-04-06 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2013-04-06 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-04-06 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-04-06 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0564. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.