The Labor Market Value of Experience from Temporary Self-employment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto A. Weber, 2014.
"Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 49-70, Summer.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2014. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Post-Print hal-01066493, HAL.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Working Papers hal-02002736, HAL.
- Thomas Astebro & Holger Herz & Ramana Nanda & Roberto Weber, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," Working Papers hal-02002731, HAL.
- Astebro , Thomas & Herz , Holger & Nanda , Ramana & Weber , Roberto, 2015. "Seeking the Roots of Entrepreneurship: Insights from Behavioral Economics," HEC Research Papers Series 1101, HEC Paris.
- Shane, Scott & Nicolaou, Nicos, 2015. "Creative personality, opportunity recognition and the tendency to start businesses: A study of their genetic predispositions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 407-419.
- Bruce, Donald & Schuetze, Herbert J., 2004. "The labor market consequences of experience in self-employment," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 575-598, October.
- J. Paul Leigh, 1986. "Accounting for Tastes: Correlates of Risk and Time Preferences," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 17-31, September.
- von Greiff, Jenny, 2009. "Displacement and self-employment entry," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 556-565, October.
- Martin Andersson & Steven Klepper, 2013.
"Characteristics and performance of new firms and spinoffs in Sweden,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 245-280, February.
- Andersson, Martin & Klepper, Steven, 2012. "Characteristics and Performance of New Firms and Spinoffs in Sweden," Working Paper Series 902, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Andersson, Martin & Klepper, Steven, 2012. "Characteristics and Performance of New Firms and Spinoffs in Sweden," Working Papers 2012:14, Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum.
- Andersson, Martin & Klepper, Steven, 2012. "Characteristics and Performance of New Firms and Spinoffs in Sweden," Papers in Innovation Studies 2012/4, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Williams, Donald R., 2000. "Consequences of self-employment for women and men in the United States," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 665-687, September.
- Hakan J. Holm & Sonja Opper & Victor Nee, 2013.
"Entrepreneurs Under Uncertainty: An Economic Experiment in China,"
INFORMS, vol. 59(7), pages 1671-1687, July.
- Holm, Håkan J. & Opper, Sonja & Nee, Victor, 2013. "Entrepeneurs under Uncertainty: an Economic Experiment in China," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2013/1, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters, in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Åsa Hansson, 2012. "Tax policy and entrepreneurship: empirical evidence from Sweden," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 495-513, May.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2004. "Balanced Skills and Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 208-211, May.
- Taylor, Mark P, 1999. "Survival of the Fittest? An Analysis of Self-Employment Duration in Britain," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(454), pages 140-155, March.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Rouvinen, Petri, 2008.
"The labour market consequences of self-employment spells: European evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 246-271, April.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Rouvinen, Petri, 2008. "The Labour Market Consequences of Self-employment Spells: European Evidence," Discussion Papers 1129, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Iacus, Stefano & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2009. "cem: Software for Coarsened Exact Matching," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 30(i09).
- Matthew Blackwell & Stefano Iacus & Gary King & Giuseppe Porro, 2009. "cem: Coarsened exact matching in Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(4), pages 524-546, December.
- Daly, Moira, 2015. "The long term returns of attempting self-employment with regular employment as a fall back option," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 26-52.
- Hvide, Hans K. & Panos, Georgios A., 2014. "Risk tolerance and entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 200-223.
- Jacob Mincer, 1958. "Investment in Human Capital and Personal Income Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 281-281.
- Busenitz, Lowell W. & Barney, Jay B., 1997. "Differences between entrepreneurs and managers in large organizations: Biases and heuristics in strategic decision-making," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 9-30, January.
- Philipp D. Koellinger & Julija N. Mell & Irene Pohl & Christian Roessler & Theresa Treffers, 2015.
"Self-employed But Looking: A Labour Market Experiment,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82(325), pages 137-161, January.
- Koellinger, Ph.D. & Mell, J.N. & Pohl, I. & Roessler, C. & Treffers, T., 2012. "Self-Employed but Looking: A Labor Market Experiment," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2012-022-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Failla, Virgilio & Melillo, Francesca & Reichstein, Toke, 2017.
"Entrepreneurship and employment stability — Job matching, labour market value, and personal commitment,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 162-177.
- Virgilio Failla & Francesca Melillo & Toke Reichstein, 2017. "Entrepreneurship and employment stability — Job matching, labour market value, and personal commitment," Post-Print halshs-02293904, HAL.
- Baptista, Rui & Lima, Francisco & Preto, Miguel Torres, 2012. "How former business owners fare in the labor market? Job assignment and earnings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 263-276.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, June.
- Rees, Hedley & Shah, Anup, 1986. "An Empirical Analysis of Self-employment in the U.K," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 95-108, January.
- Begley, Thomas M. & Boyd, David P., 1987. "Psychological characteristics associated with performence in entrepreneurial firms and smaller businesses," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 79-93.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
- Maria Marshall & Anna Flaig, 2014. "Marriage, Children, and Self-Employment Earnings: An Analysis of Self-Employed Women in the US," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 313-322, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship valuation; Labor market mobility; Entry wage; Firm closure; Necessity entrepreneurship;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2020-02-03 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LMA-2020-02-03 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MAC-2020-02-03 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2020-02-03 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.