Explaining the Cross-National Time Series Variation in Life Expectancy: Income, Women’s Education, Shifts, and What Else?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Tomas J. Philipson & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 277-291, March.
- Gary S. Becker & Tomas J. Philipson & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2003. "The Quantity and Quality of Life and the Evolution of World Inequality," NBER Working Papers 9765, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Mayer-Foulkes, 2013.
"A Cross-country Causal Panorama of Human Development and Sustainability,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(2), pages 235-251, May.
- David A. Mayer Foulkes, 2012. "A Cross-Country Causal Panorama of Human Development and Sustainability," Working papers DTE 545, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Carmignani, Fabrizio, 2013.
"Development outcomes, resource abundance, and the transmission through inequality,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 412-428.
- Fabrizio Carmignani, "undated". "Development outcomes, resource abundance,and the transmission through inequality," MRG Discussion Paper Series 3610, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Fabrizio Carmignani & Sriram Shankar & Eng Tan & Kam Tang, 2014. "Identifying covariates of population health using extreme bound analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(5), pages 515-531, June.
- David Mayer-Foulkes, 2011. "A Causal Panorama of Cross-Country Human Development," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_049, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Deepankar Basu, 2011. "Relative mortality improvements as a marker of socio-economic inequality across the developing world, 1990-2009," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-27, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Deepankar Basu, 2011. "Relative Mortality Improvements as a Marker of Socio-Economic Inequality across the Developing World, 1990 - 2009," Working Papers wp268, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic development; economic growth; health; life expectancy; mortality.;
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-13 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2010-11-13 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2010-11-13 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:papers:hdrp-2010-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hdundus.html .