Human Development in the Middle East and North Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haddad, Lawrence & Hoddinott, John & Alderman, Harold & DEC, 1994. "Intrahousehold resource allocation : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1255, The World Bank.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Daniel Egel, 2007. "Youth Exclusion in Iran: The State of Education, Employment and Family Formation," Working Papers e07-2, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:wsi:medjxx:v:01:y:2009:i:02:n:s1793812009000085 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Insan Tunali & Ragui Assaad, 2009.
"A Comparative Study Of Returns To Education Of Urban Men In Egypt, Iran, And Turkey,"
Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 145-187.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Insan Tunali & Ragui Assaad, 2009. "A comparative study of returns to education of urban men in Egypt, Iran, and Turkey," Working Papers e07-17, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:pit:wpaper:270 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:etrans:v:25:y:2017:i:2:p:351-373 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nour, S., 2014. "Migration of international students and mobilizing skills in the MENA Region," MERIT Working Papers 031, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- David Cobham & Abdallah Zouache, 2015. "Economic Features of the Arab Spring," Working Papers 975, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2015.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Nadia Hassine & Ragui Assaad, 2014.
"Equality of opportunity in educational achievement in the Middle East and North Africa,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(4), pages 489-515, December.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Ragui Assaad, 2012. "Equality of Opportunity in Educational Achievement in the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers 689, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- IBOURK, Aomar & AMAGHOUSS, Jabrane, 2015. "Inequality In Education In The Mena Region: A Macroeconometric Investigation Using Normative Indicators," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 129-146.
- Karshenas, Massoud & Moghadam, Valentine M. & Alami, Randa, 2014. "Social Policy after the Arab Spring: States and Social Rights in the MENA Region," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 726-739.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Leonardo Gasparini, 2013. "Recent Trends in Inequality and Poverty in Developing Countries," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0151, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Herrala, Risto & Turk-Ariss, Rima, 2016. "Capital accumulation in a politically unstable region," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 1-15.
- Ragui Assaad & Caroline Krafft & John Roemer & Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, 2016. "Inequality of Opportunity in Income and Consumption in Egypt," Working Papers 1002, Economic Research Forum, revised May 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman development; Middle East and North Africa; Youth.;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- N35 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Asia including Middle East
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2010-11-13 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-DEV-2010-11-13 (Development)
- NEP-HAP-2010-11-13 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HRM-2010-11-13 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hdr:papers:hdrp-2010-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (HDRO/UNDP) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask HDRO/UNDP to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hdundus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.