Should Gambling Markets be Privatized? An Examination of State Lotteries in the United States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kent R. Grote & Victor A. Matheson, 2017. "Should gambling markets be privatized? An examination of state lotteries in the United States," Chapters, in: Plácido Rodríguez & Brad R. Humphreys & Robert Simmons (ed.), The Economics of Sports Betting, chapter 2, pages 21-37, Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terry Ashley & Yi Liu & Semoon Chang, 1999. "Estimating net lottery revenues for states," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 27(2), pages 170-178, June.
- Robert Baumann & Victor A. Matheson, 2013.
"Estimating economic impact using ex post econometric analysis: cautionary tales,"
Chapters, in: Plácido Rodríguez & Stefan Késenne & Jaume García (ed.), The Econometrics of Sport, chapter 10, pages 169-188,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson & Gordon Gekko, 2011. "Estimating economic impact using ex post econometric analysis: Cautionary tales," Working Papers 1112, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2011. "Estimating economic impact using ex post econometric analysis: Cautionary tales," Working Papers 1103, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2008. "U.S. Lotto Markets," Working Papers 0802, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Hausch, Donald B. & Ziemba, W.T. (ed.), 2008. "Handbook of Sports and Lottery Markets," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780444507440.
- Frees, Edward W. & Miller, Thomas W., 2004. "Sales forecasting using longitudinal data models," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 99-114.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Victor Matheson, 2010. "Booms, Busts, and Gambling: Can Gaming Revenues Reduce Budget Volatility?," Working Papers 1003, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordslotto; lottery; public finance; gambling;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hcx:wpaper:1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deholus.html .