Coping With Rational Prodigals: A Theory Of Social Security And Savings Subsidies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stefan Homburg, 2006. "Coping with Rational Prodigals: A Theory of Social Security and Savings Subsidies," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(289), pages 47-58, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthews, Steven & Moore, John, 1987.
"Monopoly Provision of Quality and Warranties: An Exploration in the Theory of Multidimensional Screening,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 441-467, March.
- Steven Matthews & John Moore, 1985. "Monopoly Provision of Quality and Warranties: An Exploration in the Theory of Multidimensional Screening," Discussion Papers 661, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1999.
"Social security in theory and practice (II): Efficiency theories, narrative theories and implications for reform,"
Economics Working Papers
385, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1999. "Social Security in Theory and Practice (II): Efficiency Theories, Narrative Theories, and Implications for Reform," NBER Working Papers 7119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2000. "Compulsory savings in the welfare state," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 233-239, August.
- Stefan Homburg, 2001.
"The Optimal Income Tax: Restatement and Extensions,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 58(4), pages 363-395, November.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2002. "The Optimal Income Tax: Restatement and Extensions," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-252, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Weibull, Jorgen W, 1988. "Altruism and Time Consistency: The Economics of Fait Accompli," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1165-1182, December.
- Kai A. Konrad & Gert Wagner, 2000. "Reform of the Public Pension System in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 200, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Varian, Hal R., 1980. "Redistributive taxation as social insurance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-68, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caliendo, Frank N. & Guo, Nick L., 2014. "Roosevelt And Prescott Come To An Agreement," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(06), pages 1383-1402, September.
- Guo, Nick L. & Caliendo, Frank N., 2014. "Time-inconsistent preferences and time-inconsistent policies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 102-108.
- D'Orlando, Fabio & Sanfilippo, Eleonora, 2010.
"Behavioral foundations for the Keynesian consumption function,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1035-1046, December.
- Fabio D'Orlando & Eleonora Sanfilippo, 2008. "Behavioral Foundations for the Keynesian Consumption Function," Working Papers 2008-05, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche.
- Andrew Coleman, 2014. "The growth, equity, and risk implications of different retirement income policies," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 226-239, August.
- Andras Simonovits, 2009. "A Simple Model of Tax-Favored Retirement Accounts," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0915, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Security; Pensions; Subsidies; Optimal Taxation;
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:han:dpaper:dp-293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Heidrich, Christian). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwhande.html .